Lowering links question

MLSDUKE1

Live from Mom's basement
Registered
I have a new set of lowering links for an SV-650S, anyone know if they will fit a Gen I?

Probably not, I'll post a few pictures of a stock link in a few minutes so you can compare. I would be concerned that the may not be a robust as what's needed for the Busa.

Picture next to an adjustable link made by Soupy.
DSC03969.jpg

The soupy link is a well made part...it seems stronger than a dog bone cut out of aluminum + it is adjustable

I agree. Just though, since I already have them and all, they might fit. Most of the links online have had them cross referenced for SV and Busa. The Busa and Gixxers were different though. I'll post pics in a bit

The soupy link is a well made part...it seems stronger than a dog bone cut out of aluminum + it is adjustable

Here are the links. They are made by Myrtle West and are about 1/8" thick, 8 1/16" long, hole diameters are 1/2". What do you think?

100_1988.jpg

100_1989.jpg

3 inch difference in the length. See Ted's pix of Gen I links and compare them to yours.

On a side note I've seen more than one thread where after market links caused issues and folded on a Busa. So be ware.

Wow, I'm not taking that chance. Nope, going with some I KNOW are right! Thanks ya'll!

I'd call murtle west and see if there the same part. Not a huge fan of how close together the holes are tho.

Is that a no on someone on the site that works for Myrtle West? If they do work, I'd like to get them on today

Back