lowering 07' busa

ch_0124

Registered
I'm looking into lowering my busa and i am wanting to go about it the right way and not really mess up the ride quality of the bike. I just wanna make the appearance a little better. I have the lowering links for the rear and a new kickstand that's short. Can i lower the rear any and not mess with the front and not hinder the suspension on the bike or am i going to have to do both when i do any of it?

I would do both, if you are gonna do one then you should do the other so as not to upset the geometry of the bike. JMO.

what ratio wuld you recommend. i'm probably not gonna lower the rear much but i thought about going on and lowering the front an inch too. on the stock bike isn't the front higher than the rear already?

the links i have for the rear are stock 1" or 3" so i was gonna just go one for now. blowdown that's a nice bike you got. i've also got the 07' vigor blue. i'm wanting to lower my bike and start doing some appearance mods but i'm not wanting to mess up the suspension my of my bike

It's bowdown.

If you want a quick cheap way to lower the front 1" just get the triple tree spacers in 1" size. Will work great.

sorry man. didn't pay close enough attention to the name. yeah i found some from pingles. i've heard of other people lowering the back like 3 inches so i was kinda wandering if they went that low on the back what did they do on the front.

I lowered the rear before I got the parts to lower the front. It handled real weird. Almost like it plowed into the corners. Don't recommend it.

Ya, keeping it even worked well.. but there have been others that have done differently im sure. My rear links are fully adjustable. So I don't know for sure how much the rear lowered. It still feels like stock tho.

I just spent a half an hour writing a indepth description the impact of lwering and raising the suspension, then my cat hit the esc. key and deltetd evrything.

Here ya go.
fart.gif

http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0310_art/index.html

rake1.gif

rake2.gif

hmmmmm...im -2 up front and -1 in the rear but when i put my 280 azz on the bike she is level all around...i used to be -2 front and -3 in rear and then front strap for the rest but she bottomed out when i got on her

Back