Lowered the Bus more

jusmoov

Registered
I put it down to 3in lower the back, 2in lower front.  looks and feels good but im scared to ride it on the street that low.  Afraid it will bottom. Anyone have any experience with this?

<!--EDIT|jusmoov
Reason for Edit: None given...|1101249001 -->

that sucks man, I have actually been thinking of dropping mine quit a bit too. I live in hawaii and not many twisties here, the ones you do find always have tons of traffic on them. doing twisties at 25 mph just isn't the same. Since I'll be here probably until 2008 , i figured I might as well lower it. I would like to see how it looks and rides befor I drop $250 to have it lowered inside of the forks.

badazzbusa has his drag bike lowered as far as she will go... It drags the plastics around the slightest corner, but if he takes it slow, he can make it for a good show ride... ;)

I have mine lowered an 1" in the front; 2" in hte back and I cannot make it over speed bumps if my life depended on it...

Cloud

If you lowered it by sliding the fork tubes up, be careful even when accelerating hard. The forks will extend and then you will bottom the bodywork out.

I had it 2in in the back and one down in the front had no problems, i guess I can't leave well enough alone....it look so cool dropped all the way but i guess it's only good like that for the track.

My busa is lowered about 1.75 up front and about 2.5-3 in the back and I ride it on the street all the time but I don't even attempt speed bumps.
biggrin.gif

i wanna do the same but how low is too low? for street use.

<!--EDIT|beunes
Reason for Edit: None given...|1101286969 -->

mine was 2 and 3 and it was fun to get into driveways without hitting. it was worth it though for the slammed look. also if sliding the tubes watch wheelies and hitting the nose on the front fender:D

I wont get the lowering tree, if i lower it it will be an internal lower inside of the forks
Ralnsplder,

I wouldn't recommend that! If you do this you are stuck at that height(hard to adjust) plus you have less suspension travel. If you go with a strap or tree you can switch it back in minutes to stock height but most importantly you have full travel of your suspension.

Lowering it really depends on your riding and what kind of roads you have in the area. If you do nothing but smooth sailing, then 3" in the rear is fine. But if you have some nasty roads, 3" is to much. You have to be careful going in and out of driveways to keep from scrapeing with it that low.

I think the best of both worlds is about 1.5" in front and 2" in rear. That gives you the benefits of being lowered but not total loss of lean. You can still do some spirited corners but not totally loose lean angle. Plus you can launch harder without it coming up like stock and it just looks MEAN!

When all else fails try it and if you don't like it switch back. That is another reason you want links/tree, easy adjustment.

I watched guys in Myrtle Beach scraping the ground quite a bit. Would like to see the pics to really get an idea where you're set at.

here is a pic of my bike, it sits only 1 1/2" highter from the ground & the front fork has only 1" of travel. if you are going to ride it for every day i don;t recomend it, but if you are doing it for trak, it is the best setup.
let me know guys what you think.

busa1.jpg

i had some probs bottoming out on mine as well left it in the middle setting for now..
biggrin.gif

Back