Lowered Busa - WOW!

I just lowered my Busa 3" tonight and went to the drags. Wow - the bike WILL NOT WHEELIE anymore - I can dump the clutch at about 6000RPM and just get a good tire hazing. Not to mention - the bike looks totally awesome! I lowered the rear with lowering plates, the front with straps. Even without the front being touched it looks cool. The strapping was a little awkward, I have the single strap that goes to/from each caliper (top) bolt. Seemed to rub on the steering hub - anyone suggest a better routing of a single strap for the front. Bottom line: Put adjustable plates on your Busa - great looks and no more wheelie prone launches (at least on a basically stock bike)

Does the center stand still work when lowered? Seems it would be too tall.

I have not shortended my side stand. Would rather not, so I can return to regular height without leaning too far. Maybe have two side stands for high and low rides and change out when adjustement is made. With 3" lower it stands almost straight up. Usually try to park on slope IN GEAR of course. No problems yet but scared to death some one will touch or go to sit on and there she goes.

But damn it looks killer. Really don't drag race much. Street once in a while. But the attention this thing gets being an inch off the ground is incredible. Copper is fastest.

GP

I will have replacement stands (side) for 2" and 3" lower back from my CNC guy shortly. They will allow the bike to sit on the side stand at the CORRECT angle when lowered. If you want one or more info on them or lowering links, email me personally at jasontarnutzer@yahoo.com

i like dropping the busa 1 1/2 inch for the street.you can only lower the front 3/4"safely and it tends to catch to much wind under fairing at high speeds with it any lower in the rear.

the stands are aluminum , not pig iron. (cute terminology though) - I will put some pics up when they come back (about 10-12 more working days) - I have enjoyed riding in the 3" lower position much more, especially with the bars up a little. Very comfortable and needless to say looks awesome. Handling seems to be unaffected (at least for non-racing style riders such as myself) - my favorite sweeping 100mph lefts and rights feel actually a little better.

Got my dogbones in the other day, I dont have a clue as to how I go about installing them can anyone help? Does the rear tire have to be removed?

I got brave last night and installed the dogbones on my bike and it was easier than I thought. I see what everyone means about the side stand and so I have ground a bit off and no problem. I like the look and seat to bar feel but did'nt get a chance to ride it yet and cant wait to get off work to try.

Back