Lost Dutchman Mine

I posted a few picks from a trip up Tortilla Flats of that place. Can't seem to find them on my computer anymore.
Another great ride but highly technical if you thump on it and the run-off can be pretty bad (seen it done, ouch).. that area is quite a bit out of the "alleged" area of the "Lost Dutchman" mine..

You gotta love that sotry and all of the people that go chasing after that dream every year. I still live in Phoenix and can remember hearing about people getting lost while looking for it. They eventually get found, but are usually dead.
yea kind of sad, the guy will be 5 miles off the beaten path without any water or cold weather gear.. I think people forget just how blasted cold it gets year round up in the hills there when it is triple digits during the day..

My mom lives in Mesa and Im going to be there last week in Feb. getting her house ready to sell. Its been a while since I have been up to the flats and on that nasty ass dirt road up in the mountain area there... Think Ill take a ride up that way again to look around, a very cool place..

I have been out there a couple times, but never up to the mountain. I know there is kind of a rough crowd in AJ, perhaps one reason people go up there and do not come back.:whistle:

I officially declare this thread the "old fart" zone.

36 yrs young here. :laugh:

But I have to say, riding a Busa takes about 20 years off your age. So you're really only 50....ish. :p

I second the "old fart" zone! :rofl:

You gotta love that sotry and all of the people that go chasing after that dream every year. I still live in Phoenix and can remember hearing about people getting lost while looking for it. They eventually get found, but are usually dead.

That's not a good way to die. Thank God for GPS!
I'm a big chicken. Won't find me out exploring the desert. Put a Starbucks out there and I might think about it.

Back