Looks like a nice place to meet up

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
…no matter which route you take to get there. Check out the rooms and cabins not to mention where this place is located, Powell Idaho, on hiway 12 near the Lolo Pass. Huckleberry French toast with a side of bacon……and I don’t even like breakfast! :laugh:

IMG_3258.jpg

IMG_3257.jpg

Tenative Oregon route?
95 north from Nevada above Winnemucca (the bottom SE corner) to Ontario near the Idaho border on the way up then 95 in Idaho up to Grangeville then 13 to 12 at Kooskia and east towards Lolo. On the return leg, after heading NW from Lolo and Missoula and back into Idaho again I’ll head south around Coeur d’ Alene on 95 down to Ontario. Then 20 west thru Ontario to just past Burns and then 395 south back into CA.

Super cool! I would like to see the Alvord Desert on the east side of the Steen Mountains someday. It looks beautiful in photos.

Leslie Gulch, further north, looks fantastic. Though it would be an excursion from 95.

I've never done that wiggly bit on 20 east of Burns, but it looks like fun. Check out the smoke stack in Burns and the archery store (only gas station) in Riley. 395 is nice. (205 is fun option with Hotel Diamond and Frenchglen.) There are services in Lakeview.

I'd love to explore the Lassen NF someday. You are going to have so much fun!

1B5FD68E-7A83-4594-A763-4BCD48056E79-M.jpg

6427FD10-A08A-4BFA-83E5-F25861956C3A-M.jpg

I began booking my lodging a bit too late and of all the locations I wanted to stay, the lodge I listed above is booked solid on the day I needed. So, a few miles more to Lolo for the night. Maybe next time…anyway, I’m heading out Monday thru the Park over the 9,937’ Tioga Pass and into Nevada heading towards Winnemucca, my longest day miles wise but almost all of it is fast riding except for the park road. I’m taking it easy this tour with no day miles more than 400, most closer to 300. Of course, riding a Hayabusa, I might get to my hotel just a bit early on some days…. :D It should be about a 2,300 mile loop and home on the 8th day. Funny, I’ll be in CA then NV then OR then ID then MT then back into ID then OR again and then CA again and then NV and finally back into CA. Only five states this time but ten (in n outs).:laugh: It’s too bad no one lives anywhere close to my route. Ride em if ya got em!

Hopefully this won’t be my last tour. I’m having a lobectomy procedure (surgery) on my right lung on the 19th to remove some cancer and my lung capacity will be reduced by 15% I’m told. Not looking forward to it….

I began booking my lodging a bit too late and of all the locations I wanted to stay, the lodge I listed above is booked solid on the day I needed. So, a few miles more to Lolo for the night. Maybe next time…anyway, I’m heading out Monday thru the Park over the 9,937’ Tioga Pass and into Nevada heading towards Winnemucca, my longest day miles wise but almost all of it is fast riding except for the park road. I’m taking it easy this tour with no day miles more than 400, most closer to 300. Of course, riding a Hayabusa, I might get to my hotel just a bit early on some days…. :D It should be about a 2,300 mile loop and home on the 8th day. Funny, I’ll be in CA then NV then OR then ID then MT then back into ID then OR again and then CA again and then NV and finally back into CA. Only five states this time but ten (in n outs).:laugh: It’s too bad no one lives anywhere close to my route. Ride em if ya got em!

Hopefully this won’t be my last tour. I’m having a lobectomy procedure (surgery) on my right lung on the 19th to remove some cancer and my lung capacity will be reduced by 15% I’m told. Not looking forward to it….
Hi. Stay strong as you can and fight it as hard as you can. Also I would love to take this tour with you.

Stay strong.Wishing you all the good luck and prayers for the surgery.

Praying that all goes well with your procedure and that recovery is not too bad so you can keep working towards the 100k miles on the busa.

These pics show the actual battleground where the Nez Perce fought the cavalry trying to keep the land they’d lived on for a thousand years. It’s a crying damn shame the Indians, native the their land, were treated so badly. Look at the size reductions to their reservation. My very first tour to Glacier NP Montana in 1974 was up the old grade, down beyond the battle field and I could see the road construction way up to where these pics were taken. I was on my 1970 CB 750-4 running Dunlop K-81 TT tires. Damn, that was almost 50 years ago….

IMG_6103.jpeg

IMG_6104.jpeg

IMG_6105.jpeg

IMG_6106.jpeg

IMG_6111.jpeg

IMG_6110.jpeg

IMG_6109.jpeg

IMG_6112.jpeg

Last edited:
Back