Looking to richen her up

Rick Ekstrom

Registered
I'm looking to richen my 09 up a little and was wondering what would be the cheapest but most effective way of doing so. I have slip on Yoshes (R77) for sound is all I have done to it.

Ive heard flashing was good or adding a fuel management system, ect. I not looking to turbo or anything that drastic, just trying to tweak her a little bit so I know the AFR is spot on.

Your thoughts?

Nothing wrong with a Power Commander for your needs .

A guy can do alot of tweeks and defeats with the flashing but if air fuel tweeks is all that's needed - PC's still do the job very well. 2 cents there .

You don't need to do anything. The mods have not changed much if anything and the Gen II ECU is good enough to handle it.

If you're determined to tweak it, I would suggest editing the ECU.

I put a full system on my '08 and had to remove fuel under 20% throttle and had to add very little fuel above 70% throttle.

With slip-ons I doubt you will need a tune.

Put it on the dyno so it can show you the A/F is still healty and therefore no need to purchase any PC or do any ECU editing provided there is even someone near you that can do it.

Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated. Headed to the mountains in a few weeks and just thought I would tweak before leaving but from what all you have said, there is no point. I will wait till I due more extensive mods and then I will flash and tune.

thanks again,
Rick

Back