Looking for vests

TheAtomicAss

Registered
I ride in a mildly hot, VERY humid enviroment. I work in roughly the same. Almost always have. The heat I can stand, but the relentless humidity has me sopping wet in no time.

So I've been researching cooling vests, and I've come across this: Link

It's almost out of the question because of the price, so I wanted to ask on here if anyone has found any vests like this for less. I have seen, but cannot consider vests that must be soaked/frozen to operate, I cannot soak or freeze these with an regularity at my job, and this will also be something I will want to use when on long trips. So I really want to find the ones with tubing only. Also, I don't need the complete system, just the vest itself. I'm going to build the the cooler myself.

Hmmmm, keep us posted if you decide to build one.

Good luck!

I'm still staring blankly at that picture and wondering how effective a T-shirt and $0.10/ft tubing would be, now that I've started thinking about it.

Hell, if I can make an effective system, I may start marketing a unit for motorcyclists. Retirement, here I come even sooner!
biggrin.gif

Do you have a position open for a test dummy to try your product on. I'm available for a small fee at 10,000,00 a day ?
biggrin.gif

Test dummies are not cheap as they use to be.
laugh.gif

Still, looks like it uses ice.

<!--EDIT|06BUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1153125210 -->

The battery power requirements are still up in the air as far as how long the system can operate independent of a power source, (the bike), but I'm hoping to get a cooler and water pump running under 2A @ 12V. Thus requiring only 20ah from the battery that will have to power all this.

The battery power requirements are still up in the air as far as how long the system can operate independent of a power source, (the bike), but I'm hoping to get a cooler and water pump running under 2A @ 12V.  Thus requiring only 20ah from the battery that will have to power all this.
A secondary battery in parallel will easily accomodate ! Dont ask me how I know he he he. Cuz I have one onboard supplying pwr to my 500watt onboard stereo amp.

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1153127753 -->

Oh yeah you will have to fabricate a new or refabricate your existing undertail in order to hold such a battery. Atleast this was the only way I was able to get one installed onboard.

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1153128897 -->

Oh yeah you will have to fabricate a new or refabricate your existing undertail in order to hold such a battery. Atleast this was the only way I was able to get one installed onboard.
Fabricate what?  I've got a trunk and 3 gloveboxes.  And a huge Ass passenger seat to strap a backpack to.  
tounge.gif
Well hell in that case just strap a two ton unit on the back of the baby and go (vrrrrrrrrrrroooooooom)
tounge.gif

Peace out, Cool Breeze !!!

tounge.gif

If I can get a working prototype completed this weekend, I'll start recruiting test dummies for durability tests.  I suspect Rhythm could put some wear into whatever I make.  
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|TheAtomicAss
Reason for Edit: None given...|1153202323 -->

Hydro-vest at moto-liberty on sale for $40.00
Rode 215 miles in 104 degrees in full leathers - no problems.
Soak vest in water works like a swamp cooler.
No good w/ mesh dries in 20 minutes - leather 4 hours.

Back