Wearing vest no longer necessary for Marines!

Registered
The Marine Corps finally lifted the wearing of reflector vests on board Marine/Navy installations. Someone from the higher authorities finally realized that wearing a "fag belt" a.k.a reflective vest aboard bases does'nt really help with rider survival. I live inside an Army base so I still have to wear my "fag belt" when I come home. I just hope that the whole Department of Defense would be on the same sheet of music. I bet ICON and Joe Rocket is not happy with this change, because they made a lot of military spec gear/vest that will no longer sell.

Skywalker

Donating Member
Registered
I hated that stuff and I never wore one I just didn't ride on base because it was just stupid. My JR coat was much more reflective then the FV or FB. Hope this goes DOD wide! :thumbsup:

Registered
I hated that stuff and I never wore one I just didn't ride on base because it was just stupid. My JR coat was much more reflective then the FV or FB. Hope this goes DOD wide! :thumbsup:

I hear ya! now I have to attend a mandatory sportbike riding course by MSF next month. The DOD is cracking down on sportbike fatalities. I'm not complaining its FREE! and I might learn something new. I guess track day attendance roster does not count.

I hear ya! now I have to attend a mandatory sportbike riding course by MSF next month. The DOD is cracking down on sportbike fatalities. I'm not complaining its FREE! and I might learn something new. I guess track day attendance roster does not count.
i took that sportbike course at NAS Jacksonville, FL as a class of opportunity. its not mandatory for the army yet, but i saw the writing on the wall. wasn't too bad...

Registered
i took that sportbike course at NAS Jacksonville, FL as a class of opportunity. its not mandatory for the army yet, but i saw the writing on the wall. wasn't too bad...
How was it? was it "real life" or was it another "check in the box" type training?

Skywalker

Donating Member
Registered
Roger that, we did the Advanced MSF Course and Wing Safety Office paid the bill. That was much appreciated by me and got me a discount on my insurance.

Damn, Ft. Carson just went from requiring only a PT belt to a whole friggin' vest. Got to have it to get on post. I sneak off without it each day, though...

(DoD civ, not active duty, BTW)

dadofthree

Seasoned Beef
Donating Member
Registered
I see a lot of riders wearing the flo green vest when riding. It's smart to wear something that catches the eye. I understand not wanting to wear it.

gabusa

Donating Member
Registered
I remember when I came from Afghanistan in 2005 Hawaii (Army) made it mandatory for all to get their ERC card on the bike they were riding. Was a great experience unti I got to Germany where none of that matters and I have to prove once again that I can handle my "Sexy Beast". Safe riding to all.