Looking for the N/A, foot shifted, Stock wheelbase 1/4 mile record

My friend went 9.45 @ 150.3mph on my 09. Header and a tune is all. His second pass on the bike. He hasn't ridden in over 2 years. The 3rd pass his 60' would have put him in the 30s but he wheelied and had to lift.
He weighs about 180lbs.

how much do you weigh, that plays a big part of it. i weigh about 220 lbs suited and can get on any first gen busa and run 9.60 with pipe, commander, geared and slammed. best gearing for me is one down on front and one up on back.

My best was 9.62 @ 142, (1.52 60') stock pipe. Just small box mod, 1 down front sprocket, lowering links and clutch mod. (I'm 225lbs)

Last edited:
I have seen low 8.90s on gen2 busas and 14s and i believe 8.89 has been done on a gen2. Stock motors with decked heads for higher compression, the usual bolt ons, swb foot shifted, and average rider weight is about 120pds. It can be done but its not easy.:beerchug:

It's been a few years, but here is what I ran on my old 04 LE Busa I used to have:

60' 1.52
1/4mi 9.48 @ 144mph

Air was good and cool that night. The next day it was 15 deg warmer and ran this:

60' 1.51
1/4mi 9.49 @ 143mph

Spec's of bike were as follows:

04 LE Busa
Stone stk motor, valve cover never removed, original plugs as well
Stone stk air box. Stk stacks, flapper tower intact and operational.
BMC race filter
Stone stk exhaust. Removed mid pipes/cans at track
Stk ECU. No reflashing
Brock's welded clutch hub and clutch cushion w/oem springs and BDE spacers
16/40 gearing w/OEM oring chain and stk steel rear sprocket
3hole lowering links. Bike dropped all the way
"Reapers Risers" to pull forks 1" up front and then strapped for all it's worth
Shinko 003 w/ 22psi
Stk rear shock
Stk seat
87 pump gas
No weight added to bike anywhere
Rider(me) weighed 180lbs suited at the time. Bike and rider were 700 even.
I was also foot shifting
I added a dry shot and an "A&J" fuel controller and ran a 9.25@154mph w/1.54 60'. Still foot shifting.

I'm sure there have been quite a few that have gone faster, but I know of none at my weight and lack of mods(no PC, no pipe, no air shifter, non modded air box). Prolly are some, I'm just unaware...

Forgot to add that the above specs included running the bike at stock wheelbase with the stk unmodified swingarm.
Took me 450 passes to get there from when i first got the bike. Ran prolly 50 passes with it at stk height(wanted to hit a 9 sec pass with it the way it came from the factory).

Doin good! Have done a lot of moving and such since i was more active 'round here. Figured i'd been forgotten! lol. Guess some slow-poke goofballs are hard to forget, eh? lol Finally got myself another Busa and LOVE IT!. Its been awhile and i've messed around with some really goofy stuff. The Busa was always my favorite so i'm just gonna stick with that. Besides, i had to get a bike that matched my jacket, right?
How have you been? I don't have the time i used to, so my reading of threads is taking me a bit.

I'd never forget you and your times, I was always trying to catch them way back then when I had my 03 LE. Start another thread with some pics and info so we can welcome you back. :beerchug:

Did you get a Gen-II this time around? I understand the time problem. We have had quite the change in life the last couple years and I don't have any time for the bike right now... :(

hI mate here in sydney swb 1440 foot shifted 8.975 156+mph we are
going to do it again but with a 1299 bike wheighs 204KGs with rider 274 ks
going next week.have a dvd of that run post it soon. Swb stock height same bike at 294 kgs 9.6@ 156mph. this may be where u need to go .
No turbo no nos no bull**** no nothing just all motor.

WEll we took the 1299 out last wed night first run 9.50 @ 150mph bugs with the air shifter not working right missed shift 3rd to fourth after afew runs worked out ****er was leaking ,& the chinese lanyard was lossing contact at the plug, annoyng .We taped the lanyard , put 1 heavier spring inthe clutch started foot shifting ended up with a 9.32 @ 152.5mph. !.57 60ft.
More next week . 2004 busa 1299 cc SWB weight 207kgs.

hi peoples my mates times , im riding it with in a couple of weeks he weighed 295kgs.ill come in 275 kgs.

sdstreetmeet230311_053.jpg

photo.JPG

I ran a 9.24@148mph back in 08,with redialled stock cams the only engine mod, and a brock brick in the nose.Same bike now has a 1507 in it,At stock height with the ballast brick in it,i ran a 9.45@159.5mph.My logger showed it took 6 seconds to get to full throttle as it wanted to carry the wheel to about 130mph.Thats pretty hairy doing that on an unprepped track of a night.

9.26@153.98mph ,slick track,air was around 500ft,was turning the tyre in the 60ft but popping the wheel up on the 1-2,2-3,3-4 gearchanges.Also ran a 9.27 and a 9.31 all with wheelspin and mistakes.She likes good air.Not bad
unballasted for a little 1299cc gen1.More to come.:thumbsup:

Congrats on getting into the nines.. i am hoping to do so this June 4th.. in 2010 my best run was a 10.47 @ 139.. since then i have installed a brocks clutch cushion kit, have 4 short velocity stacks, 1 tooth down in front,it will be lowerd, made my own links awhile back, strap the front....what do you all think..sea level track at Sacramento...ps i am almost 60 hehe...OBTW i had Givi hard saddlebags on it too. :whistle:

9.25@153mph tonight,lol
Bloody slow progress,ive got a prepped
Track day meet on sat,hopefully i can
Bring the short track down.she floats
To the 330 as it is on a good run.

9.27 best tonight
155.1mph best
-370ft air,froze my nuts off
Couldnt nail the short track
Track was too cold,good mph with
Only 25psi in the tyre for a mild 1299cc.

Back