Looking for the N/A, foot shifted, Stock wheelbase 1/4 mile record

Betterpix

Registered
I'm just looking for a goal to set for next season. Its gonna be a long cold winter in Ontario Canada and the bike will be away for awhile. I don't have any money to sink into it right now but I am wanting to eventually get my 2004 Busa ready to rock and roll for 2011. I ran the bike at TMP stock and went a best of 10.42 at 136mph. I was pretty easy off the line. I lowered the bike, and put a Gen II Yoshi 4 into 1 pipe on it. A friend did some minor mods to get the pipe to fit. Its a titanium into a carbonfibre can. Looks and sounds amazing. Helped the power too!!!! On a hot summer day in August I went a 9.83 at 142mph and that is just with the pipe. Made 6 or 7 passes in the 9's. First ever time in the 9's! Anyways, I'm wondering what the 1/4 mile record would be for a Naturally Aspirated, foot shifted, stock swingarm Gen I Busa. I'll be riding this thing to the track and want to have the fastest real street riden bike around. I put over 12,000kms on the bike this summer. I'll see what my No Budget Project can come up with but a PC and then dropping a bunch of weight might be in my plans. Maybe I can get a sponsor to buy me a set of carbonfibre wheels:thumbsup:
So anyone know the record, or have a # of their own that is a good one to beat! Thanks

Mark Ackert
DragRaceCanada(photographer)

A couple of pics of my Busa

fb-OSCA#4sun 323.jpg

fb-OSCA#4sun 461.jpg

Hayabusa1.jpg

They have real street stock wheelbased busas that run 8s if I'm not mistaken. 9.3s for me BUT im stretched. You got a ways partner to set a record. But good riding anyway. :thumbsup:

I love the colour as well. It gets alot of compliments. I figured there were probably bikes in the 8's so thats what I'm going to gun for in 2011. I was going to stretch it and spray it but I'm going to go Naturally Aspirated instead. I think the carbonfibre wheels will help out huge, but we'll see how sponsorships go.
Just say "No" to wheelie bars!

Its not going to be an easy task. I don't know anyone with a stock motored, stock wheelbased Gen1 going into the 8s. Gens 2s have better shots. Wheels will get some et but not as much as you would think.

stock displacement, or stock internals? because i think you can get some 14:1 gas ported slugs that fit the stock bore that would really wake up a first gen. i mean you'd have to run race gas. if you want to be successful in racing, pick a class and build based on those rules.

Its not going to be an easy task. I don't know anyone with a stock motored, stock wheelbased Gen1 going into the 8s. Gens 2s have better shots. Wheels will get some et but not as much as you would think.

I'm hoping by next spring, you'll know one person in the 8's.LOL I am running a new bike class in the Ontario Street Car Association. They added a bike class for 2011 which is like a Comp class. I've been covering the series since 2003 and think it will be fun to run the bike. The plan is, ride the bike to the track with all my gear, do the photo thing and run 8's, then ride home. It might not be possible with my budget but I'll see what I can come up with. The way I look at it. It went 9.83 on a hot, muggy day. There was still more to be gained off the line. I went a 1.66 60'. So on a cool spring day, after the PC is added along with the Shinko, maybe velocity stacks, different sprocket, strap the front, Air filter, carbonfibre goodies(tank is suppose to drop 8 pounds). What else is there? A buddy recommended a thinner head gasket to boost compression. That TRE plug in as well I suppose. Lots to look forward to!
Oh, and when I said Looking for the N/A **** record, I didn't mean I was wondering if I would be close to it with the 9.83, I was just wondering what it is, or even where to find something like that.LOL

Last edited:
Well my buddy on my Busa has ran 9.60-9.70s @141mph. But that is at 5300' altitude with 6800-8200 DAs depending on the time of the year.

Bike is stock except for gearing, modded airbox and modded stock exhaust. Of course slammed @ SWB.

So if he can practice at a fast sea level track for a day or so, he probably can run high 8s.

Here is my bike one pic with me (290lbs suited) and him (175lbs suited). My best is a high 10.30 @133mph.

SteveDrags.jpg

MikeBusa2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are talking about stock motor as well you need to be knocking on the 8's with a Gen-I.

If you are talking about a modded motor, you will need mid maybe even low 8's to get close to a record like that from what I've seen.

I would just shoot for 8's on SWB and N/A, that would be accomplishing something since most people stetch them right away for drag... :(

If you find a way tell me
i would love to see a 8 ,but dont see any way for me.

I have a good motor with Akra,airbox-mod,dynoed to 167rwp N/A ,also on shortbike (a little shot installed)

My best 60 was 1,70 > 6,50 1/8 and ET 9,90 141mph foot-shifting, lowered front 2" rear~2" with 16-42 (no spray)

With seat time i hope to get a 60s of 1,5 which would make a 9,5 ,tire pressure up as far as it hooks ,maybe 9,4 :poke:

But were to find the other half second ?
For me i cant imagine ,but i have the same dream as you have........
I got a "stealth" 3" over swingarm this summer ,but promised myself not to install it until i got the 9
so now i put it in,to reach the 1,5. I want to see the 9.5 next season without spray.
As soon as i see the 9.5 ....i ll start spraying

Keep us on the run if you manage it. :bowdown:
Love your idea :beerchug: and dream also about it

Here's my first 9 second pass.

- Mark Ackert 1st 9 sec pass OSCA[/url]

Look at your bike sitting on the line. It looks like your rear is 2" lower than the front. That right there is killing your launch......otherwise congrats on your 9! :beerchug:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got lowering links in the back set on the lowest which is about 4". I had someone that was suppose to bring me a strap for the front but they forgot. I'm getting the internals of the forks done this winter.

I've got lowering links in the back set on the lowest which is about 4". I had someone that was suppose to bring me a strap for the front but they forgot. I'm getting the internals of the forks done this winter.

Once you get the front lowered it should be fun. I personally like to lower the front and still use a strap. Strapping obviously lowers it some more but keeps the forks from extending which helps the front end from shifting the weight towards the rear as easily. I like that choice if it is a street bike most of the time.

On the Gen 2 I'm aware of 2 guys that have gone in the 8's with nothing more than a pipe, power commander, triple clamp, lowering links and a filter. (Both are pro's though)

I would like to know this record as well so i can try and match or break it before i stretch it (gen 1)

Back