looking for .... opinions lol

I have 3 pairs of Sidi, each a different model and won't ride in any other boot. They fit my feet perfectly and I can walk all day or ride all day with plenty of protection. Can be expensive but well worth it.

Sidi Vertigo's :thumbsup:

Might take some breaking in, but I prefer them over my regular shoes now (think they'd go as "dress attire"?)

lol, i love this board...

ask for opinions.. link two boots... and get two opinions on totaly different boots...

mwhahahaah

great stuff, keep it coming

Sidi Vertigo's :thumbsup:

Might take some breaking in, but I prefer them over my regular shoes now (think they'd go as "dress attire"?)

automatic no, to much external armor...

needs to look fairly plain externally so that it can pass more or less for a normal boot...

I wear the Sidi Canyons, best boot I have ever worn. Sorry bro, I cant find a link to them.

I wear the Sidi Canyons, best boot I have ever worn. Sorry bro, I cant find a link to them.

Actually, im familiar with the canyons, i came accross them while looking...

The canyons are a lower boot than the on roads correct?

I've heard the canyons are otherwise VERY close to the on roads, so whats your opinions on the canyons?

thanks in advance

Actually, im familiar with the canyons, i came accross them while looking...

The canyons are a lower boot than the on roads correct?

I've heard the canyons are otherwise VERY close to the on roads, so whats your opinions on the canyons?

thanks in advance

No, the canyon is not a short boot. Gortex so they are water proof. Light and flexible. I had a hard time finding a boot that had a hard enough sole to not hurt my feet on the pegs, but yet soft enough to walk around in. These fit the ticket. Easy velcro and ratchet closure. Here we go! Sidi Canyon Boots - webBikeWorld

I heard they may be hot in the summer, but this is only boot I wear and I felt no discomfort last year.

No, the canyon is not a short boot. Gortex so they are water proof. Light and flexible. I had a hard time finding a boot that had a hard enough sole to not hurt my feet on the pegs, but yet soft enough to walk around in. These fit the ticket. Easy velcro and ratchet closure. Here we go! Sidi Canyon Boots - webBikeWorld

I heard they may be hot in the summer, but this is only boot I wear and I felt no discomfort last year.

how high do the boots come up... are they a mid calf boot or higher or lower?

I would say about the same height as a tube sock. Not sure if that is mid calf or not, about a 10 to 12 inch boot.

Ahhh good good...

what about protection in the heel, ankle,shin, and toe... do you feel confident that if you went down, you would have feet left to walk with??

Copied directly from the web site:

Other features include an internal padded shin plate along with internal ankle, toe, and heel protection. Both boots have leather toe shift/brake pads, removable arch support insoles, full length inner gaiter and double stitching in all high stress areas. The top of the boot features a padded stitched bead for seal and comfort.

To answer your question, I do feel protected, but not as much as my Oxtars, they are much harder than the Sidi's. The would do ok with sliding, not sure about crushing though.

Back