looking for more power but not sure what to go with

LeDauz

Registered
am looking to add more power to add more power to my '06

So far i have gotten two bother slip on's, K&N air filter, Bazzaz z-fi full injection and traction control systems(or so says the box)

if anyone has any good suggestions for mods that could add some power with out breaking the bank because am a college student and only got min wage($7.50/hr) to pay for anything, i do however got 800 saved for mods

looking for the best bang for my buck with out lowering the life span of anything to much

any ideas would be very helpfull

not yet but i plan on racing this summer

also i noticed that alot of the full exhaust are 4-2-1 are there any of them that go to 4-2-2 maily because i like the look

and if there are 4-2-2 full exhaust is the power vs 4-2-1 ?

Last edited:
for a dual exhaust i would go with the hmf if thats the look you like and they sound great
Posted via Mobile Device

i checked out the hmf exhaust and have to say there excatly wat i've been looking for in an exhaust

spray aside because am looking for solid power without having to go back and refill anything but the gas tank at this point but nos is in the future

any ideas on how much an good intake cam shaft mod would cost?

personally....you went the wrong path

sell the slip on and the bazza and since your budget is next to nill....

buy a used full exhaust, do the small box mod, and change your sprockets

nitrous takes a toll on the motor regardles of what size your spray...

I advise against it because you don't have the budget if something goes wrong.plus you want fuel management to offset the spray and that money is better kept for things like tires.

with your budget, focus on gearing, up keep and riding the bike to its potential

Definitely lose the slip ons and replace with a full exhaust. Also, going up 2-3 teeth on the rear sprocket will give you a noticeable snap to your acceleration in lower gears. Sprockets are cheap (around $50) and you get a lot of bang for your buck. If you do get a sprocket with more teeth, I suggest getting a speedo-healer too ($115). This will correct your speedometer. Have fun!

You will be fine withe the 4-2-2 pipes. HMF and others. You will not loose the HP worth noticing when compared to a 4-2-1 with your mods. pipes and a tune are the best bang for the buck. You can always make the next step with the NOS.

If it were me looking for a few more ponies, I'd use my bling money to upgrade to a new Gen II. It comes with more HP than you'll get without motor work. But that's just my Opinion!

Change the sprockets and then see if that fits your needs.

+1

go with a 16t front sprocket or a 43 rear. I have a 16t on mine and it is nice....just ordered a 42 for the rear to put on shortly.

Last edited:
Depending on your size, one of the cheapest power gains to be had is a diet.

Back