looking for info...

Freak2180

Registered
Im currently not a Busa owner but hope to be if things go my way. Im curious as to how these bikes handle 2 up riding and the over all issues.......if any.......that these bikes might have. Im currently Riding a Buell XB12r and love the bike, but it is too small for me and the wife to both fit comfortably on. I live in the Dallas area and Im hoping to find someone that may be interested in some type of trade or is willing to make some sort of deal. What are some things to look for specificly in a used Busa? Most of the ones Ive found in my price range have 15,000 miles.

This is my current ride......

100_1402.jpg

:welcome:

The Busa is a great 2up platform. 95% of my riding is 2up with the wife.

Not many issues with these bikes if taken care of. 15k miles is a good break in for them.

from my dunce stool via tapatalk

Awesome at two up. Smooth and comforty and has plenty of power all around. I had a GSXR600 and with two up well......I'm happy now!!

:welcome: aboard!
You are going to love it, the bike is very comfortable for the rider and passengers.:thumbsup:

Welcome to the org.
Two words....sport tour. You will wonder what took you so long. There is a handful of us here in DFW area.
Good luck on your search.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Plenty of space, plenty of power, plenty of braking force when 2up. Great bike for it. Obviously you'd both be more comfortable sitting down on a cruiser or Goldwing, but if you want a sportbike I can't think of a better one for 2up.

Now to find some that will give me what My Firebolt is worth............
Should I be leary of bikes that are heavely modded or have programers? Ive been a lurker on this forum for a while.....trying to learn as much as I can. Should I be looking for a certian year/years or better yet should I stay away from a certian year/years.

:welcome: to the oRg. You'll be hard pressed to find a better sport bike that handles as well. I've never had a passenger complain about the comfort. Just like the Buell, the only problem is it eats rear tires :laugh:

If it's only two up riding you are looking for I wouldn't buy a busa. I'd buy something with a better ride and space for the wifes baggage. I'd look into the cruiser line such as the BMW, Concours, Goldwing, etc. There is a great line of sport cruisers out there that would fill that two up ride much better than the busa.

I currently own a busa but am looking at a Concours for two up and touring in the spring. Keeping the busa, just adding to the stable.

I'd look into the cruiser line such as the BMW, Concours, Goldwing, etc.

Um........Nope. Not that they arnt good bikes.......Im just not into them. My wife may only ride with me 30% of the time. Im looking for somthing sporty and able to carry the wife on for short rides (100 miles or less). If I wanted somthing as big as a gold wing I would just buy a civic or accord.

My Busa has 34,000 miles on it with the majority of that riding double with my wife on it. It does everything I have ever asked of it with ease, including a few track days in the advanced group. I've put a lot of miles on a lot of bikes, and it is honestly the most versatile, competent fun to ride bikes I have ever had the priveledge of owning/riding. I can add my tail bag in under 10 minutes and we are off.

In July, we covered 1,800 miles in 4 days of just pleasure riding. The only complaint was during the last 20 minutes of the ride coming home in traffic. Truly an amazing bike.

got my 05 busa this year with 1200 miles on it for 8k, in the dfw area, most of the ones i seen for that price had a whole lot more miles than i wanted, guy delivered the bike to me so that made it even better :) such a better bike than my kan o tuna lol

havent you heard there's a new zx-14? jk (sick of that mess on the orgs boards still ranting)

good all around bike especially for 2 up. but be careful or it'll end up like this

busa%202%20012.jpg

I been wanting to add a buell..i been thinking of getting a xb12s or sx..i also been looking at the older x1 white lightning..any suggestions in the 2 bikes..if i find an 08 xb12s or sx i will probley buy it,because i dont like the blacked out 09..

Um........Nope. Not that they arnt good bikes.......Im just not into them. My wife may only ride with me 30% of the time. Im looking for somthing sporty and able to carry the wife on for short rides (100 miles or less). If I wanted somthing as big as a gold wing I would just buy a civic or accord.
Good answer, I think the Busa is really going to suit you.

And :welcome: from the UK

Dont forget to post up some piccys when ya get it :thumbsup:

Best regards Stretch :laugh:

First Welcome to the .org

Warning: In the sport bike world the back seat is really comfortable (or so I have heard, I haven't used it personally). Thus you will ruin her for all other sport bike pillion.

The nice thing is if you are two up you won't have to think, "Man I wish I had bought the bigger bike. I am having trouble getting up this pass."

As for the issues new busa owners normally wonder why there hands go to sleep. There are multiple threads on this issue but here are the most common conclusions.

1. Learn to hold your self up by using your core not your arms. This also helps cut down on those pesky unsettling input during corners. I have noticed this tip helps my posture. The down side is the bike tells you under no certnain terms that have let yourself get out of shape during the winter months.

2. Get Genmar risers. I use 1 1/4" risers but I still need to use my core otherwise my hands will go numb.

3. Get Heli bars. They are the most expensive option but they offer a more custom fit a lot of guys here run this mod.

4. Get Genmar risers and Heli bars. This requires longer brake and clutch lines. The line are not normally seen as an undo expense because most of us transition to the steel braided lines anyway.

It is all personal choice but that is the nice thing about the busa, there is a sea of after market parts for these things.

As far as years to look for, I ride a gen II but if you are looking for a gen I there have been post about the 99's and 00' needing the clutch swapped out for the 02 model. I guess the first two years seem to grab rather abruptly.

When you get one good luck getting rid of the perma-grin.

Back