Looking for feedback on the 1N23455 derestrictor mod on gen1 busa

2Wheels2Live

Registered
I did a little research, and couldn't tell for sure if the 1N23455 mod is just for gen2 busas or gen1 as well? Will it work the same on a gen1?

Boostbysmith GPS mod, or he has other options now...... :super:

I got mine....both actually.... :oldcool:

ok... is this accompllished by a tre or is this an additional mod with the ecu???

Go to Smithabusa website explains it. I have one with the switch for my 08.:thumbsup:

Been being done on the Gen1 for years. There are several ways to accomplish it.

what if you have a gi pro and a power commander.. how are these not the same as this. ie tre for 5 gear map but power commander to handle fuel

The TRE locks the ECU into timing and AFR settings for 5N55555. The GPS Mod does the same but only for a 1N23455 ECU map.

Come to think of it, I have one for an 08 (not sure if they are the same) that was opened but not used that I'm willing to sell for $25 delivered. It's still in new condition with all paperwork and original packing. I went the ECU flashing path so this one is not usefully to me.

I have the non-switchable derestrictor from BoostBySmith; works fine and Greg is a great person to work with...

Just for clarity, GPS mod is gear position sensor replacement. Greg has those that when you hit 6th, it reads 5th to the ECU. So you still have all the bottom end torque, standard maps in 12345. 5th and 6th are the same map so nothing on the top changes except the 6th gear "limiter" for speed gets locked out....

The other options he has are switchable, or interface/mapping. You can now, with the right available "free" software use one of Greg's interfaces and remap your stock ECU turning off the speed limiter.........no more Power Commander or TRE necessary....adjust the map you want, and flash the old one out with a new one..... :super: We "have" arrived...... :oldcool:

Back