Looking for a good ecu flash tuner near maryland

Welcome, first post, take a few minutes and stroll over to the new members thread and introduce yourself and your bike.

Once you get to know this board a little better, you will find we have a sponsor @Boosted Cycle Perf who flashes these ECUs and although he's in Texas, I've never heard of anyone who flashes them near you.

Last edited:
Welcome, first post, take a few minutes and stroll over to the new members thread and introduce yourself an your bike.

Once you get to know this board a little better, you will find we have a sponsor @Boosted Cycle Perf who flashes these ECUs and although he's in Texas, I've never heard of anyone who flashes them near you.
Thanks

What are you looking for in terms of tune? A stock bike doesn't need to be tuned, but it can benefit from one for sure.
Going to stick with just slip ons , bike runs great .I'm just wondering if I would benefit in anyway with a flash ?

Smooth throttle, back firing , acceleration?

Popping from the exhaust will be from your Pair system....there are threads on here on how to either mod or eliminate that system.

Normally this happens after the installation of a full exhaust system however...

Popping from the exhaust will be from your Pair system....there are threads on here on how to either mod or eliminate that system.

Normally this happens after the installation of a full exhaust system however...
I see flash installers offer this for busa with just slip ons ....why are owners getting this done to their busa . That what I'm asking.

I see flash installers offer this for busa with just slip ons ....why are owners getting this done to their busa . That what I'm asking.
I think it helps acceleration and removal of the rev limiter. Mine isn't done but I have read up on it just in case I decided to get it done.

Here's a good thread on ECU tuning..

You can call Kenny at MRP Motorsports in Pasadena. I don't think he has a dyno, but he'll know who in town does ... and whether they know how to use it properly

RnR Cycles offers dyno tuning, but they're in Sterling, VA

Hope this helps, and I'll try not to be funny

schnitz racing ask what pipe you have , does that mean they adjust things to mach pipes ? like a map on a pc ?
Im just wondering will this make my busa run better besides all the other restriction changes. thanks for feedback , i want to learn about flashing

You can call Kenny at MRP Motorsports in Pasadena. I don't think he has a dyno, but he'll know who in town does ... and whether they know how to use it properly

RnR Cycles offers dyno tuning, but they're in Sterling, VA

Hope this helps, and I'll try not to be funny
i will give mrp a call for there input , closed today

it seems that more and more people are doing the flashing them selves at home with other electronics . there are a bunch of places that you send ecu , they flash and send back . should i or could i have my ecu flashed on a dyno ? what im looking to gain you asked, is smooth throttle response in the lower rpms , when im cruising at speeds i like to hear a nice precision sound from pipes. im not looking to go 200mph or gain a .01sec at the track .just wana feel and hear precision. like i said before my busa runs great .i just wanna know if it could be better with flash ?

Here's a good thread on ECU tuning..

i read the thread , its was a big argument about flashing , this must be a soar subject.sorry

schnitz racing ask what pipe you have , does that mean they adjust things to mach pipes ? like a map on a pc ?
Im just wondering will this make my busa run better besides all the other restriction changes. thanks for feedback , i want to learn about flashing

it seems that more and more people are doing the flashing them selves at home with other electronics . there are a bunch of places that you send ecu , they flash and send back . should i or could i have my ecu flashed on a dyno ? what im looking to gain you asked, is smooth throttle response in the lower rpms , when im cruising at speeds i like to hear a nice precision sound from pipes. im not looking to go 200mph or gain a .01sec at the track .just wana feel and hear precision. like i said before my busa runs great .i just wanna know if it could be better with flash ?

Which brings us back to @Mr Brown's post, asking what your expectations are. Flashing and tuning are terms often interchanged, but probably shouldn't be. Flashing means reprogramming certain components contained within your '19 Busa's Electronic Control Unit (ECU). Some reprogramming (flashing) merely enable or disable certain aspects of the engine (like limiters) which (arguably) have little effect on the bike's tune. This is often referred to as a basic flash.

On the other hand, the entire spectrum of the ratio of fuel-to-air being delivered to the cylinders (each of the 4 cylinders, separately) can also be "re-mapped" or "tuned" through the ECU to optimize fuel delivery and combustion efficiency, which, in turn can have a profound impact on throttle response, acceleration, horsepower ... and probably a dozen other things. This is (locally) referred to as a flash-tune, or a dyno-based tune.

I could probably get away with saying here that all tunes require an ECU flash, but not all ECU flashes affect the bike's tune.

Now, perhaps you can:
  • appreciate that the type of exhaust system you have on your bike would be considered a variable of which any potential flasher or tuner would (should) want to take into consideration ... which is why Schnitz asked what "pipe" was on the bike
  • more clearly understand why it's important to know what your end goals are for the bike prior to flashing the bike.
My opinion: a basic flash

Resources (in addition to the comprehensive ones already posted on this thread by @Yellow09):

Back