ECU Flash Tuner

HPC does not come up with a Google search that has to do with MCs. Would you have a link?

Last edited:
Head over to Cycle Connection, just get print outs of all throttle positions and you should be ok.

Thanks Greg. Do you mean the settings for each Throttle Position? I thought the trick was proper AFR for each gear through the RPM range which I guess would be a compromise for using one map for all gears.

Maybe I was not specific enough, I am not using a PCIII, I am flashing the ECU. When I spoke with Terra, HPC does not currently flash the ECU.

I believe that Lee's Performance Center will flash the ECU as well, just did not want to travel all the way the NC unless it is the right thing to do.

Thanks Greg. Do you mean the settings for each Throttle Position? I thought the trick was proper AFR for each gear through the RPM range which I guess would be a compromise for using one map for all gears.

Maybe I was not specific enough, I am not using a PCIII, I am flashing the ECU. When I spoke with Terra, HPC does not currently flash the ECU.

I believe that Lee's Performance Center will flash the ECU as well, just did not want to travel all the way the NC unless it is the right thing to do.
Lee knows his stuff and it flies at the track.. :beerchug:

Greg - It appears that your recommendation would be Lee's over Cycle Connection. Thank you.

Cycle Connection informed me that they have flashed many ECUs but that their Customers are not supportive of providing references. They have had bad experiences in the past, as I am told.

I am going to get flashing over the winter by next riding season we should have that service as well. Yes, Lee would get the nod from me. I have tuned a couple of his stage III GSXR1000's for customers they are monsters.

I do not think that is a flashing unit but a button type fuel spike at the injectors like a Dobeck with the pots in their unit.

Flash is to go inside the ECU and hand select from the software in the black box that, 'wink-wink' I believe that is how one would 'flash.'
The push button unit looks cool though. Set all that green mean or red hot mufflers you are cooking some bike to burn out not HP to tear UP.

:laugh:

Back to the OP, can anyone vouch for Cycle Connection?? Does anyone have a tune from Cycle Connection?

Thank you.

Thank you. I saw that service. I was under the impression that the Bike, Pipe, and ECU had to be together to get a proper tune. As I understand it, all combination's are slightly different and in reality a basic tune is okay but a custom tune is the best path forward.

Well, I am a bit disappointed in that the shop tells me that they have tuned a few Busa!

I have only received Greg's/Terra's (HPC) response above and I have only recevied one PM that has indicated that the person has a tune and is very satisfied with the tune and the support received from Cycle Connection.

I am not asking for trade secrets, just for a postive or negative vote. I realize that in the end I will have to make a decision but I try to make informed decisions.

Last edited:
it seems that very few people have gone to that shop so there isn't any feedback to give on their relative service capabilities. When they say they're flashed the ecu you should confirm how they are doing it. It's either with the "ECU Editor" or "Rom Raider". If it's not one of those than it's not the same thing. Some people consider the yosh box to be a flasher but that's not the same either.

Back