Looking for a 99-07, opinions

LTZ

Registered
All right I am new to the board and looking to pick up a 99-07 Hayabusa this spring. Currently I ride an 03 SV650S. I was wondering what sort of things I should look for in a used Busa, as well as what would be a fair price. I figure on leaning more towards the 99-02 range as I am looking to pay 5-7k for a bike. Mileage isn't really an issue. Thanks in advance, enjoying the site.

I figure on leaning more towards the 99-02 range as I am looking to pay 5-7k for a bike.  Mileage isn't really an issue.  Thanks in advance, enjoying the site.
For about $2,000 more you could probably buy a new 07... Don't know if he still has it, its still for sale in his signature...
https://www.hayabusa.org/forums/?act=ST;f=40;t=79620;hl=

Forgot to say
welcome.gif

Check the sales section for a good deal. Good Luck, and Welcome to the best Busa site going........

Some nice bikes for sale by members. And welcome to the board!

boy theres alot of advice to give on that. All is JMHO!

1. The less performance mods.= better chance it has not been rid'n like it's stolen it's whole life.
2. Be very careful about Ebay, there have been some Hayabusa scams. Ask for VIN# then research it to make sure is right.

Before picking out a bike decide if your going to want any mods. Cosmetic or performance?

There is more advice depending on that question.

Welcome by the way, I'm fairly new here too. We are both lucky we found the BEST board our first try!
beerchug.gif

hello.gif
Welcome to the oRg......

Good luck on your Busa search. The best advice I can offer you is to take your time and make sure you get the right color because no matter what year you end up buying you won't be disapointed. Here is a pic of the fastest color........

IMG_0008.JPG

Thanks for the advice. I plan on putting the SV up for sale this spring and then being bikeless for a while during the search for my new Busa.

Thanks for the advice. I plan on putting the SV up for sale this spring and then being bikeless for a while during the search for my new Busa.
Keep the SV!! They are sweet little bike. I ride the Busa most of the time but ride my SV to school and when I'm wrenching on the Busa.

I would like to keep the SV but I only have space and money for one bike. The SV is paid for and I plan on using the added cash from its sale to pay for the Busa in full. I don't want any loans out right now.

I would like to keep the SV but I only have space and money for one bike. The SV is paid for and I plan on using the added cash from its sale to pay for the Busa in full. I don't want any loans out right now.
Smart thinking!! Say goodbye to any free money being around . . .

Modding your Busa will become an addiction!!

Welcome to the oRg. There are lots of things to look at when purchasing a used bike. Especially a busa. When you find what you want, post up the link or tell us what you can about it and we can help you find problems or see things that you may not see. You have not specified how long you have been riding(meaning if you have ridden for a few years and know your bikes, you will most likely know what to look for when you are making a purchase). You left out your location, but I bet there are many willing members on the board that would be happy to look at the bike with you if available. Things to look for: Chain, tires, fairings(rash), seats, miles, bar ends(rash), brakes, swing arm, lights(cracks or rash), sprockets, leaks, pipes(discoloration), mismatching paint(wrecked), etc. Good luck, and post a pic of your current ride!
beerchug.gif

I am located in Springfield MO. I am 20 and have owned the SV since it was new, and it was my first street bike. Before that I had been riding dirt since I was 10. As far as street experience goes I have been on 2 wheels for a little over 5 years and 15,000 miles. I have had my eye on the Hayabusa since they were first released and I think now I am finally ready to get on one.

The SV has been a GREAT bike by the way.

EDIT: I don't have any pictures of my bike on my computer. It is a silver 03 with OEM lower fairing and a Yosh RS3 slip on.

Here is the most recent picture of the car:
CamaroBackground.jpg

Welcome to the ORG. I would check the service history,see if it was crashed; get a check list and go over the bike from top to botttom. I would buy an unmodified bike unless you know the person you are buying it from.If the tires and chain need replacing I would knock that off the asking price.

Welcome to the board, you should make your way up here and go for a ride. If your interested, I've been itching to get a 2008 model, may be looking to sell mine.
beerchug.gif

Back