Opinion on upgraded '07 Busa for purchase

David Carlos

Registered
Hi All,

This is my first post on the boards as I am only now seriously looking to purchase a Busa. Can you please take a look at this bike:

http://www.fritzshd.com/new_veh....=797869

Are there any red flags? It was supposedly purchased by a guy who put all the upgrades on it and then scared himself out of it (his wife was not pleased either) and so purchased a Harley instead (and sold this to the dealership). The upgrades are mostly aesthetic other than the pipe and the Power Commander, I think.

Finally, what about the '07 vs the '08? Is the new one really so much better? I'm mostly interested in sport touring, not racing. (Got any good suggestions for luggage?) Thank you all in advance and I look forward to getting to know you better if I make this purchase. :-)

-David

First welcome and the '08 is a completely different bike than the '07 in both look and performance. Another new member asked the same question yesterday. Can't go wrong with either bike, but if $10,495 is the asking price for this bike you can go to a dealer and get a remaining stock '07 for less than that or a new '08 for not much more than that.

I'm sure I could get a stock '07 for less, but what about an '07 with the mods that are listed? Including the price of having them installed professionally... Seems like a good deal to me. :-)

You may want to check around because you can find some bikes like that for less. There is nothing on that bike that requires professional installation (all appearance stuff), except the dyno tune which runs about $250. I will also say that if you are willing to pay that price then its a good deal, but for most the mods don't add that much value.

I agree with BigBSBusa, if your willing to spend that much on a used bike (Be it not much of a used bike, seems almost new) you should shoot for an 08. With the 08 running around, the value of the 07 might go down quicker, since most people are going to want the newer model since it was just changed after all these years. I could be wrong, but that is just my opinion. I would rather a stock 08 than an 07 with a bunch of stuff on it. However if you really want an 07, sounds like that one has all the extra bells and whistles. I think the Chrome wholes are close to $1000 not including getting the tires mounted and balanced. Anyhow, my two cents, but I will tell you I love my 08!

is a great looking bike
beerchug.gif

The value is exactly what you are willing to pay for it. I paid a little more for my 05 last year than what I should have, but it had all the goodies I wanted and had extremely low miles. If you think its a good deal and will be happy with it, then buy it. Someone will whether you do or not. How bad do you want the bike? Do you want an 08? I have seen new 07's locally for 8900 plus t/t/t. But I have heard about new 08's out the door for 10,500. Personally, I would look around a little more or offer the dealer some cash for around 9k. Just me though, welcome to the oRg!

I would much rather have an 08 than a modded 07. Even if the 07 had 6K in mods.

i personally would pass try 9k but if not i wouldn't even touch it either look for something else used or shop around for a 08 cause i hate to say it but its gonna hold its value better than a 07

welcome.gif
to the board. That's a pretty bike for sure. Pipe & PC are around $1300 plus the price of the chrome stuff and D tune, add about $9500 for the bike new and you can figure about how much the original owner put in it (then only rode it 91 miles
pillepalle.gif
).
Try to haggle with them some for a little better price, but if you like it and got the green, it is a pretty bike.
ThumbsUp.gif

I'm sure I could get a stock '07 for less, but what about an '07 with the mods that are listed?  Including the price of having them installed professionally...  Seems like a good deal to me.  :-)
Like any dealer they most likely have it priced a bit high to make wiggle room for haggling of the price .

When you wrote :

" Is the new one really so much better?  I'm mostly interested in sport touring, not racing."

Trust me , the 2007 will sport tour with the best of them and can be very very reliable with low maintenence needs. Usually the valve adjustment shims are not needed even at 30k miles on a bike that see's no true racing , just sport touring . Most of the problems posted comes from racing modifications .

Cycle Venture Luggage Packs- Racks and Nelson Rigg soft bags from Newenough.com are the norm . There are many other touring baggage set-ups available as well .

Last , did you know you can buy an OEM centerstand for the 1999-2007 Hayabusa ? Comes in handy on the out of state rides and is not offered for the 2008 model that i know of. Something the usual sport tourer thinks about before purchasing a bike . Some care , some don't .

Do you need that 4-1 pipe for sport touring ? I never did and both engines are internaly modded to hell  
ThumbsUp.gif

Both generations of the Busa's have their qualities . Have fun shopping and don't forget the Bandit 1250S . It's a really good sport tourer with alot of torque .

Back