Looking at a 00 busa

bear

Registered
I am thinking of picking up a 2000 busa and as it will be our first busa I thought what better place to find things out about it. All I know now is that it has k&n filters, yoshi pipes, and a zero gravity double bubble. The bike has 23,000 miles on it and ran a 9.70 last year with a 200lb guy on it. I hear it's unrestricted but then I hear 99 was the last unrestricted. The guy has all the service papers for every 3k miles of the bikes life so I know it has been taken care of. I just don't know alot about the power, handling, and comfortability. I am use to my 09 ZX6R and 06 GSXR 1000. It's a step up I know but any other info will help, Thanks

00 is unrestricted also. Except for color schemes, 99 and 00 are identical, 01 is kind of a bastard year, 02-07 are the same (minor detail differences). Call your local Suzi dealer and make sure the cam chain recall has been done (they will need the vin #) and look up the thread on here about changing the fuel filters for an inline one.
:welcome: and enjoy.....

More power, not as sharp handling (stock) and way more comfortable than either of the bikes you mentioned.
The beauty of the Busa is that you can mod it any way you want and make it your own. Twisties, top speed, drag racing, cross country touring, bike shows, just about anything except dirt riding the Busa can be adapted to.

it's an all around great machine and i think you'll like it. try the SEARCH button at the top and start fishing around. welcome aboard! :thumbsup:

:welcome: You can't go wrong with a Busa. It's an all around great machine. Will do pretty much whatever you ask of it without any drama. :thumbsup:

Welcome. Coming from the bikes you had before, I think you'll feel right at home in a Busa.

You might have a potentially good find there: last of the unrestricted Busa's, 1-owner, solid service history, basic mods already done.

How much is the seller asking for it?

:welcome: 00 Was my first busa and I kick myself every day that I sold it. Love my 08 but even still I miss that bike!

I just don't know alot about the power, handling, and comfortability.

Power.
See speedo for info.

John_snapshot18.jpg

Handling. You just have to believe.

displayimage.php

Comfort. I think my longest day was 18 hours in the saddle.

displayimage.php

John_snapshot18.jpg

Welcome. Coming from the bikes you had before, I think you'll feel right at home in a Busa.

You might have a potentially good find there: last of the unrestricted Busa's, 1-owner, solid service history, basic mods already done.

How much is the seller asking for it?

we picked it up for 4500

it has some damage on the left side from a tip over in the guy's drive way but for the most part thats all the damage

100_1225 (2).jpg

100_1230.jpg

100_1228.jpg

100_1227-1.jpg

found mine on craigs list in kansas city was asking 5k got it at 4500, had to jump on it at that price.

I had a tip over in my garage...bought some Color-Rite touch up paint, and fixed it. It's good enough for me...you have to get pretty close to even see it now. Think I spent $30.00 or so , total. Color-Rite is expensive, but it matched perfectly.

CW

Back