Newbie. Question about price of a Busa 00'

merczab

Registered
Hey guys and girls.
I was wondering what you guys thought of this deal.

2000 *FACTORY UNRESTRICTED MODEL**
13,xxx original miles (will go up as it is my DD)
Silver/maroon scheme in beautiful condition, near mint
Bone stock aside from small air box mod and billet block offs
NEW Michelin Pilot Road 2 tires

I have..
solo cowl with "Trunk mod"
Rear seat
Rear grab bar

For $5,200.
I've been reading 1st gen busas aren't that good and all that, but what do you guys think of the deal?
I have more pics if that will help, but it looks clean to me, but then again, I don't know **** about busas...
Let me know asap please!

phot232o 1.jpg

photo 1.jpg

they are just fine nothing wrong with them. i would buy it though i would beat him on the price some.

I'm in AZ.
I brought him down from 6300 to that.
He says it's worth 6500-7500.
I've been looking around and that's the cheapest I can find it.
You guys say it's not worth 5.2k?

Ohhh damn. Thanks a lot. I was really breaking the bank to get this bike.
I was sorting really rushing to buy this thing, maybe I'll wait...
Where are some places I can look to buy one?
I've tried eBay, and clicked on every single link on Craigslist...

So I told the guy selling it what you guys said, but he says he's asking for "fair market"? What does that mean?
He says I won't find a cleaner or lower price anywhere, and it is an unrestricted model with factory aluminium subframe.
What does that mean?!
Hahaha I'm so lost.

don't push it...the right bike will come along soon enough....cycle trader has one in tucson az its an 05 model and the guy is asking 4500...

Fair market price is basically what the bikes are selling for in your area not actually the value..
99-2000 busa are unrestricted models
And the have a aluminum sub frame..
Which is under the tail under the passenger seat and bolts to the main frame..the newer ones are made of steel and heavier. But the aluminum ones , some say they can crack with weight of a passenger..but a sub frame from that year will not be a hard swap..most are looking for a aluminum one for weight reduction for racing..

I got my '00 with 15kmiles for $3,000 from a used bike dealer with a 90 day waranty, here in SoCal. That was last winter. When I check ads today, now that it's riding season, I've seen '00s with similar mileage going for between $5,600 - $7,200. This is definately not the right time of year to be a buyer.

Ohhh damn. Thanks a lot. I was really breaking the bank to get this bike.
I was sorting really rushing to buy this thing, maybe I'll wait...
Where are some places I can look to buy one?
I've tried eBay, and clicked on every single link on Craigslist...

Patience is a virtue......WAIT AND TAKE YOUR TIME. BTW, welcome. Are you willing to look out-of-state and maybe go on a road trip? BIKES BELOW ARE NOT MINE BUT FROM LOCAL CL ADS....click on links above the pics for details

Classic Suzuki Hayabusa Motorcycle

5Gd5K15M83Ka3mf3N2c5recefd7a4c70314c8.jpg

Hayabusa GSXR1300
5L45G15E43E43G13Fbc5v8cde5eec7c0c1d68.jpg

Back