Look at this big ass CATFISH!!!!

busabrother

Registered
DAmn!

catfish.jpg

Noodling is how he caught it. I saw an article on this a few months ago. It goes something like this; you wade around where the bigger fish are and reach your hand in the water and wiggle your index finger. The fish takes the 'bait' and you grab ahold of him and pull him up.

Not sure if this is urban legend stuff or the real deal, I'm just repeating what I read. Sounds pretty fun
laugh.gif

Come on guys you really don't know what noodlin is? No finger wiggling thats for sure.... I caught most of the food when I was in highschool noodling out of the South Canadian river. You go under water, find a hole in the bank or find a log under the water, slowly put your hand in the hole or under the log and either put your hand in the fishes mouth or slide your hands up to the gills and pull it close to your chest then come up for air with the fish in a bearhug. Works like a charm !!! You want to wear cotton gloves if you can because the little teeth will scrape your skin off if you go in the mouth. There are those that noodle with SCUBA gear but I never really thought that was fair.

Its really easy to do.

cap

Yep Captain is right. I've seen it done on tv but they had boxes set up that the fish would rest in. It's nuts but looks interesting.

First time I saw this pic I thought it might be a Mekong Catfish! But, it wasn't.......
Still one of the biggest catfish I've seen!
If your wondering about the Mekong read on.
(Mekong Catfish are the largest in the world. Most are bigger than a bear!) See them here..... Mekong Catfish

<!--EDIT|ks-waterbug
Reason for Edit: None given...|1071857160 -->

i reckin we will be needin the mighty big stew pot for that bigin.

<!--EDIT|SHODA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1072911708 -->

Hmm not sure, but if I am going to get wet, put my hand some place where it is dark and end up smelling like fish after wards, I am not going to waste that experience on noodling.. (just my two cents)
biggrin.gif

Back