Long Way Down - motorcycle movie

Williebetmore

Registered
For those that are not aware:  Today (July 31st) there will be a nationwide, one-day special showing, of the motorcycle documentary "Long Way Down"; showing at 7:30 PM tonight.

The actor Ewan McGregor (Obi-Wan Kenobi in Volume 1-3 of the Star Wars saga) and a buddy take time off to ride their motorcycles from the north of Africa to the southern tip.  They aren't riding busas (BMW's I believe), but sounds like an interesting film nevertheless.  They take all their gear with them on the bikes and hit the road.

I saw portions of their adventures while riding across Europe (on some strange cable channel), but have not seen any of the Africa footage.  I enjoyed the Europe stuff immensely.

Anyone who has ever taken a long road trip will most likely enjoy the hell out of this stuff.

Here is a web site so you can search for a theater near you; and also get a description of the film.

See you there.

www.longwaydown.com

Long Way Round was brilliant and it's available @ Amazon.com. The great thing about buying the DVD set is you get all the extras: out-takes, edited footage... The new one, Long Way Down is available in Europe or pre-order in the states. We plan on getting the set as soon as the US DVD's are out. Can't wait to see it!

I was planning on seeing this tonight, then decided to save my $10 for the full DVD. Reviews say it's okay, but not as fun as LWR. still interesting

Back