Most accurate sportbiker movie

eynlai

Registered
Tonight my girlfriend introduced me to a movie Hong Kong movie called "Full Throttle" with Andy Lau (since she's a big fan). Not to be mistaken with that piece of crap film that with Drew Barrymore, Lucy Lu, Cameron Diaz. I like most, have seen my share of crappy sportbiker films (Torque, BikerBoyz, etc...), excluding documentaries. But this has got to be the most accurate film that I've seen to date. Minus the minimal bullshit screens when front tyres bump against rear... It sure does depict the spirit, drive and sacrafice of what we all love so much. The version I saw was in Chinese, so I had to read the subtitles, as I imagine most of you would have to.

Yes, there are some minor knee dragging, keep in mind it's a 12 year old film. But 1 scene that got me... when Andy was explaining to his GF why he rides/race. And what got my GF's tears flowing was when another scene when Andy promised his GF that he'll not become a cripple or die from riding/racing.

Believe it or not, my GF original said this movie was too "slow" for her taste (she loves action movies), but after I saw it, I was impressed since it showed the drama, dreams, determination and tragedies of riding/racing.

Highly recommended... In fact, my GF bought it for me... Good luck finding it in Blockbusters.

Whose tears again?;)
yeah....not too sure I will be taking the word of anyone that has such limited focus, as that they would put down Drew, Lucy and Cameron.
You might be watching the movies a little "too hard"...
wink.gif

but thanks for the title...

What dialect is it in
wink.gif

There are alot of Chinese movies that I really like
I'll go try to find it, thanks
biggrin.gif

Whose tears again?;)
yeah....not too sure I will be taking the word of anyone that has such limited focus, as that they would put down Drew, Lucy and Cameron.
You might be watching the movies a little "too hard"...
wink.gif

but thanks for the title...
Just my taste. Nothing against Drew, Lucy, or Cameron... Just that movie. But then again, even though I'm Chinese, I can't find how Lucy can be considered "hot". She looks mean as hell to me. And when she smiles, it's just... Sinister. But that's just me.

gang motorcycles GIF by South Park

Back