long trip CA to New Hampshire

chevellesteve

Registered
Well it looks like im going to be taking a long road trip at the end of July. im riding the busa from Sacramento ca to Dover New Hampshire solo . im hoping to find some fellow busa riders along the way to visit. im going to be travailing on HWY 80 most of the way. This is going to be my first long haul THE FURTHEST IVE RIDDEN IS TO RENO AND BACK AND THE BAY AREA. im not sure where to stay along the way. if any i is interested in hanging out along my trip let me know i would like to meet you

Multi 1,000 mile trips solo are undescribable to anyone who has never done it. Enjoy yourself and stay safe!:thumbsup:

stop off at bonneville on the way It is awe inspiring a huge mass of white with mountains in the background may be makin a trip similar to yours if I have the funds to do so, god knows I've got the vacation time. Just a heads up keep an eye on your fuel and your next nearest gas station cause there are areas where there is no help for a looooong ways. And most of all stop often for great photos and enjoy the trip man. :thumbsup::bowdown:

:welcome: to the show!

And what show it will be for you with a coast to coast journey like that! Awsome!

Sorry I can't join you, but it sounds like you won't be passing through my neck o' the woods.

Be safe and be sure to keep us updated here.

Doing "squats" and other glute exercises while riding will help keep the saddle pain down. Try to do them often at least at 30-45 minute intervals so that your glutes stay pumped avoiding compression and tailbone pain.

What kind of luggage system will you use for the journey?

Post up your route once you get it figured out. I've had good luck in the past with people helping me when I'm traveling (near sites to see, food, lodging).

It's good to meet and talk to someone a while to break the grind of the road.

my luggage system is a SF rucksack with built in camel back and first aid kit. a sleeping bag and a 1 gallon gas can:laugh: not exactly what i wanted but its what i have and i have to go. no hotels just me the bike and my sleeping bag

Last edited:
If you want to borrow my saddlebags just let me know. They're not huge but will carry extra stuff like rainsuit and shoes, etc. Softsided and fit under the rear seat.

Also, don't wear the rucksack, it will seriously cause you massive discomfort. Strap it to the back seat.

You can kinda see them here

DSC01170_smaller.JPG

Last edited:
If you want to borrow my saddlebags just let me know. They're not huge but will carry extra stuff like rainsuit and shoes, etc. Softsided and fit under the rear seat.

Also, don't wear the rucksack, it will seriously cause you massive discomfort. Strap it to the back seat.

You can kinda see them here

That is an awesome offer! Way to go!!! :cheerleader:

WOW, thats a long ride big guy.. Make sure you have a cell phone with ya, just in case..Wish ya all the best,ride safe,and take lots of pics..I hope some of the other Org members get to meet up with you. Good luck and be safe.:thumbsup:

Where are you going to be staying in Dover, NH?

And how long will you be here for?

im gonna be staying with friends . i am moving there . i am traveling ahead of my family so i can find a job and get a place

Good Luck Steve !!!!!!!!! Had a Great Ride with you and Russ this Weekend. Sorry to See Ya Leave the Greater Sacto Area. Rubber Side Down BRO :beerchug:

my luggage system is a SF rucksack with built in camel back and first aid kit. a sleeping bag and a 1 gallon gas can:laugh: not exactly what i wanted but its what i have and i have to go. no hotels just me the bike and my sleeping bag

Leave that fuggin rucksack at home. You will thank me for it later. Backpacks of any kind are a major pain in the neck after a couple of hours on the bike. Trust me, you do not want to wear a backpack/rucksack of any type on the motorcycle over longdistances. Take a tank bag with a hydration system and/or a tailbag system.

Back