London bombed by terrorists

this is tragic....when is the world going to get pissed off enough to remove the cancer that is eating society?
rock.gif
ditto.

Any day that we are above ground...We are blessed. I pray for the victims of this tragedy and their families. I pray for the people wounded by this cowardly act. You know the Sumpreme Court voted against displaying the 10 Commandments in public buildings and on public property. However, if there is a time when we need God. The time is now!

There is a passage in the bible that I was thinking about the other day....The verse comes from 2 Chronicles 7:14. It states.

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."
Ya said a mouthful, and it seems like every time I turn on the television I here that same scripture. I still say 911 was a wake up call to something much worse if the U.S. doesn't get back to the core principles on which the country was established.

I still say 911 was a wake up call to something much worse if the U.S. doesn't get back to the core principles on which the country was established.
What exactly would those be? The whole "Manifest Destiny" ideals are what got us into this mess in the first place. The idea that other people must choose our version of "Freedom", and that it somehow became our job to force it on them is what causes these people to hate us so much. I agree that Saddam was a horrible leader, and abused his people, but at what point did that become our problem? There is no way our young men and women should be paying for Joe Iraqi's right to vote with their lives. If the people in these countries hate the government there so much, they should leave or revolt. We got enough problems of our own here at home to sort out first, before we go off overseas playing saviour.

<!--EDIT|Mr Brown
Reason for Edit: "Spelling"|1120809087 -->

Any day that we are above ground...We are blessed. I pray for the victims of this tragedy and their families. I pray for the people wounded by this cowardly act. You know the Sumpreme Court voted against displaying the 10 Commandments in public buildings and on public property. However, if there is a time when we need God. The time is now!

There is a passage in the bible that I was thinking about the other day....The verse comes from 2 Chronicles 7:14. It states.

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."
Ya said a mouthful, and it seems like every time I turn on the television I here that same scripture.  I still say 911 was a wake up call to something much worse if the U.S. doesn't get back to the core principles on which the country was established.
You guy's are correct, I believe GOD has been trying to recapture this nations attention for some time now but all the while America has been removing all references to GOD from our society. Whether one like's it or not one day all nations will answer to the King of kings for their part in the teatment of Israel. After all, the root of all of this, is the nation of islams desire to destroy Israel and anyone else who disagree's
with them. America has been blessed beyond measure, blessed even more than GOD's own people, Israel. We now live in a time when our way of life could come to a screeeching halt today. If GOD has punished his own people for their disregard for HIS instruction (that is invaded, sent into slavery, loss of their land) how much more do you think HE will turn HIS back on us. GOD tells us that if a society continues to disregard his authority and turn their back on HIM he will not hear us anymore. HE further warns that even the land itself will vomit us out. One day soon their will be a meeting at the valley of Armegedon of all the nations to fight over the issue of Israel and I think we have entered a period of time that is leading up to this final time.

Sad to know that this is the type of world we live in. In working closely with transit system security and the Department of Homeland Security, I know that there is nothing we can do to prevent this sort of stuff from happening. The only thing we can do is try and minimize the casualties. Really shiddy to think of it this way, but unfortunately this is what we're faced with.
sad.gif

Terrorists are a set of lame bastids...
mad.gif
guns.gif

...there was an attack in india couple of days back... but lukily all the terrorists got shot!!

Ya said a mouthful, and it seems like every time I turn on the television I here that same scripture.  I still say 911 was a wake up call to something much worse if the U.S. doesn't get back to the core principles on which the country was established.
You guy's are correct, I believe GOD has been trying to recapture this nations attention for some time now but all the while America has been removing all references to GOD from our society. Whether one like's it or not one day all nations will answer to the King of kings for their part in the teatment of Israel. After all, the root of all of this, is the nation of islams desire to destroy Israel and anyone else who disagree's
with them. America has been blessed beyond measure, blessed even more than GOD's own people, Israel. We now live in a time when our way of life could come to a screeeching halt today. If GOD has punished his own people for their disregard for HIS instruction (that is invaded, sent into slavery, loss of their land) how much more do you think HE will turn HIS back on us.  GOD tells us that if a society continues to disregard his authority and turn their back on HIM he will not hear us anymore. HE further warns that even the land itself will vomit us out. One day soon their will be a meeting at the valley of Armegedon of all the nations to fight over the issue of Israel and I think we have entered a period of time that is leading up to this final time.
If you were sleeping in your home and a robber broke into it and vandalized and attacked you, you would have to say the robber woke you up. However, if you had an alarm system that went off, you would say that the alarm system woke you up. Satan is described in Scripture as a thief. "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly" (John 10:10).

The way God wakes us up is by speaking to us through His Word and by His Holy Spirit.  He also uses his preachers and prophets to warn us. He sounds an alarm!  When we fail to repent and hear His Words of warning, we leave our houses unprotected and the enemy is able to break in and do His evil work. God is never the author of evil and destruction. He comes to bring us life and blessing. However, to receive it, we must choose life and obey His Word. We have been warned that if we force God out of our homes, schools, businesses, and government, it will allow the enemy to come in and wreak havoc in our lives. God wants us to turn to Him before we experience any destruction, not be driven to Him through the destruction that comes as a result of us disobeying Him.

Ephesians 5:14-18:
14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. 15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, 16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. 17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is. 18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

We are warned in this scripture to "wake up" and be filled with the spirit so that we can understand what the will of God is. Because the Lord is merciful God, He does bring good out of evil, but He never instigates the evil. Satan does that. Because there have been many prayers for our nation, God is bringing good from this evil, and we are praising Him for that. Thank God for the unity, prayer meetings, and the many "God Bless America" signs that we see.  This is certainly a change of heart in our nation.   However, if we had heeded His warnings and simply turned back to Him in true repentance, we would have never had to suffer such a blow to our nation.  God tried to prevent this kind of thing from happening by speaking to His people to pray, to witness, to obey, to give, to repent and to change. It was God's grace that a worse thing did not come upon us.  Our national sins and the sins of the church caused our promised protection to fail us, according to His Word.

Proverbs 14:34 "Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people."

<!--EDIT|Cuffee
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120875820 -->

Demons, terrorists are nothing more them demon possesed people. Just like that crazy dude in the Bible that ran around naked cutting himself.
Mark 16:17 (the solution)

If you were sleeping in your home and a robber broke into it and vandalized and attacked you, you would have to say the robber woke you up. However, if you had an alarm system that went off, you would say that the alarm system woke you up. Satan is described in Scripture as a thief. "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly" (John 10:10).

The way God wakes us up is by speaking to us through His Word and by His Holy Spirit.  He also uses his preachers and prophets to warn us. He sounds an alarm!  When we fail to repent and hear His Words of warning, we leave our houses unprotected and the enemy is able to break in and do His evil work. God is never the author of evil and destruction. He comes to bring us life and blessing. However, to receive it, we must choose life and obey His Word. We have been warned that if we force God out of our homes, schools, businesses, and government, it will allow the enemy to come in and wreak havoc in our lives. God wants us to turn to Him before we experience any destruction, not be driven to Him through the destruction that comes as a result of us disobeying Him.

Ephesians 5:14-18:
14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. 15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, 16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. 17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is. 18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

We are warned in this scripture to "wake up" and be filled with the spirit so that we can understand what the will of God is. Because the Lord is merciful God, He does bring good out of evil, but He never instigates the evil. Satan does that. Because there have been many prayers for our nation, God is bringing good from this evil, and we are praising Him for that. Thank God for the unity, prayer meetings, and the many "God Bless America" signs that we see.  This is certainly a change of heart in our nation.   However, if we had heeded His warnings and simply turned back to Him in true repentance, we would have never had to suffer such a blow to our nation.  God tried to prevent this kind of thing from happening by speaking to His people to pray, to witness, to obey, to give, to repent and to change. It was God's grace that a worse thing did not come upon us.  Our national sins and the sins of the church caused our promised protection to fail us, according to His Word.

Proverbs 14
lurk.gif
"Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people."
While I respect your religious belief, I am growing tired of people quoting the Bible to explain acts of terrorism. The implication is then that the people killed and injured in these types of tragic events somehow brought it on themselves. The people that carried out these cowardly acts believe just as fervently that they are doing God's will, so where does it end? More people have perished in the name of religion than any other single cause, so at what point do we stop Bible thumping and saying I told you so.....?
It was NOT the fault of anyone who died yesterday that they died, it was the fault of a weak-minded, mis-guided fool who believed the perversion of God's word which had been taught to him as truth.
If you believe in Christian morals and values, there's nothing wrong with that, but to attempt to explain these tragedies with a few Bible verses is that point to people not heeding God's warnings is a little presumptious at best.

snip

Proverbs 14
lurk.gif
"Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people."
While I respect your religious belief, I am growing tired of people quoting the Bible to explain acts of terrorism. The implication is then that the people killed and injured in these types of tragic events somehow brought it on themselves. The people that carried out these cowardly acts believe just as fervently that they are doing God's will, so where does it end? More people have perished in the name of religion than any other single cause, so at what point do we stop Bible thumping and saying I told you so.....?
It was NOT the fault of anyone who died yesterday that they died, it was the fault of a weak-minded, mis-guided fool who believed the perversion of God's word which had been taught to him as truth.
If you believe in Christian morals and values, there's nothing wrong with that, but to attempt to explain these tragedies with a few Bible verses is that point to people not heeding God's warnings is a little presumptious at best.
+1

The implication is then that the people killed and injured in these types of tragic events somehow brought it on themselves.
First of all I never made any implication that people killed and injured brought these tragic events on themselves. That's just plain ridiculous. I don't see how you interpreted that from what I wrote.

Next you mention "I am growing tired of people quoting the Bible to explain acts of terrorism". Why? Are you tired of seeing "God Bless America" posted every where? I could go on and on! I don't understand why you are tired of people qouting the bible when people talk about God and the terrorism.

Also, you mention "The people that carried out these cowardly acts believe just as fervently that they are doing God's will". What God are you referring to...The god of humanism, the god of New Agers, the gods of all the "isms" with materialism at the front....? My God says "Thou shalt not kill."

If we desire to see justice done and see wars end and yes, even the end of all forms of killing, violence, terror and death--we must realize that this can only come through God. It's times like these that people come back and grow closer to God. I much rather hear them talking about God period then to not talk about him at all.

<!--EDIT|Cuffee
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120886415 -->

The implication is then that the people killed and injured in these types of tragic events somehow brought it on themselves.
First of all I never made any implication that people killed and injured brought these tragic events on themselves. That's just plain ridiculous. I don't see how you interpreted that from what I wrote.

Next you mention "I am growing tired of people quoting the Bible to explain acts of terrorism". Why? Are you tired of seeing "God Bless America" posted every where? I could go on and on! I don't understand why you are tired of people qouting the bible when people talk about God and the terrorism.

Also, you mention "The people that carried out these cowardly acts believe just as fervently that they are doing God's will". What God are you referring to...The god of humanism, the god of New Agers, the gods of all the "isms" with materialism at the front....? My God says "Thou shalt not kill."

If we desire to see justice done and see wars end and yes, even the end of all forms of killing, violence, terror and death--we must realize that this can only come through God. It's times like these that people come back and grow closer to God. I much rather hear them talking about God period then to not talk about him at all.
The implication was that we as a nation have abandoned God, the example you used was of the Ten commandments being removed from courthouses.
Since you brought it up, yes, I am sick of seeing "God Bless America" slathered everywhere, as if it is a commercial slogan. Why should we demand that God bless us anymore than any other country? How are we special?
The God that these terrorists believe in is a peversion of the Islamic interpretation of God, Allah. They believe what makes sense to them, just as you believe what makes sense to you. The Commandment actually reads "thou shalt not kill unlawfully" The interpretation of what God considers lawful is what matters.
There have been many people killed in the name of Christianity, so let's not pretend that it is above reproach.
I agree that we need to get closer to God to stop all the strife and tribulation in the world today, I'm not, however, arrogant enough to tell everyone else what God should mean to them.

Back