Bomb maker gets probation

CTA_Busa_LE

Donating Member
Registered
If you want to know what is wrong with this country here is a prime example. Here is a link to a case which I worked from today's local paper.

Mt. Vernon Register-News - Duncan sentenced for unlawful use of weapons

First off the story does not accurately depict the situation, I posted it because this is what the public has been told. I can speak of it now because the case is closed and I am OUTRAGED that this guy walks with two years probation for this.

First a little background. Duncan is anti social and anti government to an extreme sense. He lives at the end of a dead end road out in the middle of nowhere and had came into a large sum of money, upwards of one million. He has made numerous threats to neighbors that he would kill them. Duncan later returned with a gun and was actively searching for the neighbor.

So I'm one of the lucky guys that gets to deal with the problem. We manage to snag him up away from his home. By this time we had obtained an arrest warrant for Duncan as well as obtained a search warrant for his residence.

We then go to search the residence. We ended up seizing 43 guns and 26,000 rounds of ammunition. During the search we located anti government propoganda as well as domestic terrorist propoganda. Then the discovery that had us call in a bomb squad and ATF personnel. Two completed pipe bombs and material to make more.

The bomb squad removes the bombs and attempts to disarm them. One ATF agent who had 30+ years on the job says it's a safe procedure and they have never had a detonation during the disarming. Well that day was their first and second detonations while using the procedure. Both bombs detonated during disarming procedures. The pipe bombs were more than just your average pipe bomb. This guy had been custom blending his own powder. The explosions were large enough that the shrapnel cut off tree limbs having 1" diameter 100 yards away. The bomb squad guys classified them as high ordinance explosives.

When the report was completed we charged Duncan with possession of an explosive device amongst other charges. Our liberal states attorney reduced the charge to unlawful use of weapons, a much lesser charge. The ATF was set to take the case and charge Duncan in the federal system but that never happened either. The feds also opened a domestic terrorist case on this guy and it also went nowhere even though the guy had made statements to his neighbors in the past that he was going to kill high ranking government officials.

So here we have someone who has made threats, has attempted to make good on those threats and has committed serious crimes. What does he get out of it? A smack on the hand and a judge telling him to behave. Talk about a slap in the face to myself and others that had to put ourselves at risk to take this guy off the streets. Oh and the best part, we requested seizure of the weapons and ammunition which were taken from the home. Our states attorney refused to file for it because his defense attorney had already made claim to them for payment of legal fees. This is the same liberal states attorney and judge that has given numerous people probation for stealing guns. Heck the judge even gave one crack dealer a 30 day stay of his prison sentence after being convicted in a shooting.

Do we need more laws, not at all, we need to enforce the laws we already have!

Quit your worrying, Obama's new WEAPONS Policy will fix all those small problems :cheerleader:

i agree with all of the above.... need to stop one part of the economy thats still hard at work.... NOT

Last edited:
If the big three auto companies fail, then we will all be driving European and Japanese cars in the future. I guess then the American cars will gain value like the old Muscle cars.???

If the big three auto companies fail, then we will all be driving European and Japanese cars in the future. I guess then the American cars will gain value like the old Muscle cars.???
:wtf: did I miss something? or am I tard?

Yes, you're a tard, but quit thread jacking :laugh:

I've had good results with ATF around here, our federal judges don't play.

Our solicitors office is very lacking and that's why we turn weapons charges over to ATF.

Time served 3 months probation for everyone :cheerleader:

Back