London bombed by terrorists

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
Everyone needs to be diligent

London bombed by terrorists

In case anyone has not heard, London had at least 3 bombs go off, I think all of them were in subways.

The United States is on alert and asking everyone in the US to be extra diligent and watchful

Los Angeles has set up a special command post and has assigned FBI to the railway systems for example

If you see something you think does not look right, report it.

im sure UK is a little busy...

7 blasts reported by the yard.

amazing-- 7 blasts in packed subways/trolleys and only 2-10 dead. 2-10 is too many, but amazing things weren't worse.

we are at war... perhaps more folks will wake up.. probably not.

My husband called me at 6 a.m. and told me to turn on the news...

Very sad day...
sad.gif

My Mom is visiting us from England, she called my step-dad, he doesn't know anything more than we do yet. They don't live in London, so all are okay. The 2-10 dead is just an estimate, the final toll will likely be much higher. This sucks.

My Mom is visiting us from England, she called my step-dad, he doesn't know anything more than we do yet. They don't live in London, so all are okay. The 2-10 dead is just an estimate, the final toll will likely be much higher. This sucks.
I was wondering about your Mom J...

My thoughts are with everyone there...it's got to feel a bit like 9/11...just that fear of being under attack, not knowing all of facts right away...
sad.gif

To all our brothers and sisters in England my thoughts and prayers go to you.

And as you stood beside us we will stand beside you.

I don't think it is a coincidence that these bombings happened the day after it was announced that the Olympics will be held in London.

I think it was a warning of things to come in London during the Olympics.

I hope I am wrong, and not trying to be a doom and gloom, but I think it was too much of a coincidence

Again my heart goes out to those in London that have been affected by this.

I don't think it is a coincidence that these bombings happened the day after it was announced that the Olympics will be held in London.

I hope I am wrong, and not trying to be a doom and gloom, but I think it was too much of a coincidence

Those were my first thoughts Thrasher...this is how it will be for the Olympics, but after listening to "experts on terrorism" on Fox News this morning, they really think the decision on the Olympics wasn't a part of this attack...the attack was a coordinated one, one that would take time to plan, more time than just 24 hours...they think it's related to the G-8 summit, probably also to show Tony Blair that his country isn't safe, etc...

Only time will tell...it'll all come out eventually, but what worries me is how much I heard this morning about how prepared England is to deal with terrorists, yet they attacked with little or no warning...it really makes me think that we are all just as vulnerable as we were 4 years ago...I don't know that I feel all that much safer...do you guys? How easy is it to place bombs in our subways? On our trains and buses? I don't see security flanking these places or vehicles...

Am I an alarmist? I think I'm just a part of the "new world order" since 9/11...I hate that my kids will be growing up in a world so much different than the one I grew up in...
sad.gif

Those were my first thoughts Thrasher...this is how it will be for the Olympics, but after listening to "experts on terrorism" on Fox News this morning, they really think the decision on the Olympics wasn't a part of this attack...the attack was a coordinated one, one that would take time to plan, more time than just 24 hours...they think it's related to the G-8 summit, probably also to show Tony Blair that his country isn't safe, etc...

Only time will tell...it'll all come out eventually, but what worries me is how much I heard this morning about how prepared England is to deal with terrorists, yet they attacked with little or no warning...it really makes me think that we are all just as vulnerable as we were 4 years ago...I don't know that I feel all that much safer...do you guys? How easy is it to place bombs in our subways? On our trains and buses? I don't see security flanking these places or vehicles...

Am I an alarmist? I think I'm just a part of the "new world order" since 9/11...I hate that my kids will be growing up in a world so much different than the one I grew up in...
sad.gif
You need to realize something Michelle... dear.. sweety
biggrin.gif

it is not a matter of 24 hours to prepare.

Terrorists cells are already established, they already have primary, and secondary targets selected WAY before they do anything. They just wait for the right moment.

Because of having a complete attack plan already articulated, and primary and secondary targets selected most cells could probably strike with in 10 hours of the decision being made to go.

A cell might have targets picked out 4 years in advance just waiting.

For example, IF it is Olympic related, they could have had cells in each city being considered to host the Olympics, ready to strike, and depending on who was chosen would be the decision on who was attacked (just an example).

Each cell could have been giving these simple instructions, 11 words, months ago, hidden in a newspaper encrypted in someway, basically stating the following.

"If your city is selcted to host Olympics, strike designated targets"

No other communication between cells would have been required

Closer to home, providing there ARE terrorists cells here in the United States, I am sure they already have targets selected and are just waiting.

You don select a target based on its vulnerability.

You select a target that will provide the most shock and wait until it is vulnerable

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120789168 -->

Only time will tell...it'll all come out eventually, but what worries me is how much I heard this morning about how prepared England is to deal with terrorists, yet they attacked with little or no warning...it really makes me think that we are all just as vulnerable as we were 4 years ago...I don't know that I feel all that much safer...do you guys?  How easy is it to place bombs in our subways?  On our trains and buses?  I don't see security flanking these places or vehicles...

Am I an alarmist?  I think I'm just a part of the "new world order" since 9/11...I hate that my kids will be growing up in a world so much different than the one I grew up in...
sad.gif
You need to realize something Michelle... dear.. sweety
biggrin.gif

it is not a matter of 24 hours to prepare.

Terrorists cells are already established, they already have primary, and secondary targets selected WAY before they do anything. They just wait for the right moment.

Because of having a complete attack plan already articulated, and primary and secondary targets selected most cells could probably strike with in 10 hours of the decision being made to go.

A cell might have targets picked out 4 years in advance just waiting.

For example, IF it is Olympic related, they could have had cells in each city being considered to host the Olympics, ready to strike, and depending on who was chosen would be the decision on who was attacked (just an example).

Each cell could have been giving these simple instructions, 11 words, months ago, hidden in a newspaper encrypted in someway, basically stating the following.

"If your city is selcted to host Olympics, strike designated targets"

No other communication between cells would have been required

Closer to home, providing there ARE terrorists cells here in the United States, I am sure they already have targets selected and are just waiting.

You don select a target based on its vulnerability.

You select a target that will provide the most shock and wait until it is vulnerable
Sweety? LOL

Okay, my dearest
tounge.gif

Points all taken, and I too considered that terrorists might have plans of attack in any of the top 5 sites on the list for the 2012 Olympics...I was just spoon feeding what was spoonfed on the news this morning...

Relax, I DID NOT stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor did I change my insurance to GEICO...I don't know much, and that's about all I know...
laugh.gif

Like I said, it'll all come out soon enough...right now I'm sure it's chaos in London and there will likely be all kinds of theories in the coming days...I am aware that a fine military gentleman would know more about such things than myself, so I'm not going toe to toe with you
bowdown.gif

Best I can do is watch the news and wait...speculate and hope the answers come forth very soon so we all know what we're dealing with this time around...
smile.gif

This is not the first time terrorists have struck in London. The U.K. is as used to this kind of attack as a country can be and will recover shortly. We in this country can consider ourselves blessed that these types of attacks do not occur here on a regular basis.

Any day that we are above ground...We are blessed. I pray for the victims of this tragedy and their families. I pray for the people wounded by this cowardly act. You know the Sumpreme Court voted against displaying the 10 Commandments in public buildings and on public property. However, if there is a time when we need God. The time is now!

There is a passage in the bible that I was thinking about the other day....The verse comes from 2 Chronicles 7:14. It states.

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

<!--EDIT|Cuffee
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120790347 -->

this is tragic....when is the world going to get pissed off enough to remove the cancer that is eating society?
rock.gif

This is not the first time terrorists have struck in London. The U.K. is as used to this kind of attack as a country can be and will recover shortly. We in this country can consider ourselves blessed that these types of attacks do not occur here on a regular basis.
Yep, the IRA's been at it over there for about 25 years now.

I grew up in the UK, checking under my desk at school and work, reporting unattended packages etc.

Thanks for all your comments...As a Londoner I will continue to go about my business, I will not be terrorised, and I will be out on my Busa when the sun comes out. As of 6pm UK time 39 fatalities and over 700 injuried. Thanks for your support.

Steveo in London.

Thanks for all your comments...As a Londoner I will continue to go about my business, I will not be terrorised, and I will be out on my Busa when the sun comes out. As of 6pm UK time 39 fatalities and over 700 injuried. Thanks for your support.

Steveo in London.
My heart and spirit goes out to my fellow folks in London. As feared, my earlier report greatly underestimated the damage. They are now assuming there was at least one suicide bomber involved.

Having seen terrorists attacks up close, I am proud of the reaction, response, and mindset of those in London. Our bros across the pond got there shid together.

+1 steveo

Back