Lockhart Phillips Frame Sliders

Corso1

Registered
All-

I elected to have a local shop install (cut) my new carbon fiber sliders in. They look fantastic. But....I want to make sure. The right side slider IS supposed to stick out further than the left, correct? This is to cover the clutch basket should the bike go down? Since Lockhardt is not kind enough to include any form of reference, I am trying to make sure. The sliders look fantastic, the cuts are phenomenal, but I am relying on you guys to provide the answer to the final question.

Many thanks-

Corso

i dont think they should be any longer but im not 100 percent on this. id say maybe 75% sure.

Its normal. The sliders are the same length but the gap between the fairing and the mounting hole are different from the right side to the left.

I still don't understand why companies don't make sliders different lengths. That way the part of the slider you see is equal on both sides.

I will get back to you on this thread, I think my lockhart Phillips frame sliders are different lenghts, because they had to go on specific sides of the bike.

I have the same ones and yes one WILL stick out further than the other... this is completely normal! After while you won't even notice it

Its normal. The sliders are the same length but the gap between the fairing and the mounting hole are different from the right side to the left.

I still don't understand why companies don't make sliders different lengths. That way the part of the slider you see is equal on both sides.
Because it would cost more. Multiple variations mean multiple setups, which in turn warrant additional setup charges.

Many thanks gentlemen. I fully intend to post some picks soon ( My digital camera recently took a swim at the lake.)
The sliders were cut in by a small local performance shop, and I have to say I am incredibly impressed. Their first attempt went south, so the owner bought me brand new color matched side panels and re-did it. Unbelievable customer service, and a great group of folks. If you are anywhere near Dayton Ohio....I highly suggest Craig, and the group at Extreme Performance Cycle.

More to come soon...and thanks very much again for the responses.

Back