Loading ramps

Gregbusa

Registered
I will be hauling my hayabusa on the back of my Chevy Silverado, Until I get a trailer. What type of loading ramps do I need? Is it safe to ride the bike up the ramp or do you push it up? Thanks

I will be hauling my hayabusa on the back of my Chevy Silverado, Until I get a trailer. What type of loading ramps do I need? Is it safe to ride the bike up the ramp or do you push it up? Thanks
Not to hijack your topic here, but what part of town are you in, I'm on the north end.

And about the ramp, I wouldn't try riding into the back of a pickup without a ramp big enough to give me the option of putting my feed down if I need to.

Kevin

<!--EDIT|Relsek
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140837318 -->

I agree with you on using a wide ramp (Safety first). I am in West Lakeland. I was going down I-4 and saw a guy with his Busa on the back of a F-150 (He had one of those 12in wide metal ramps in the back of his truck). My first thought was just like you said. What if he has to put his foot down?
rock.gif
any ideas

I agree with you on using a wide ramp (Safety first). I am in West Lakeland. I was going down I-4 and saw a guy with his Busa on the back of a F-150 (He had one of those 12in wide metal ramps in the back of his truck). My first thought was just like you said. What if he has to put his foot down?
rock.gif
any ideas
I've had a few bikes in the back of my truck, never the busa though. Each time we loaded it, I had at least two people. I've been thinking of making a pair of ramps that will store in the stake holes while driving, then can be removed, fastened together and used as ramps when needed. I haven't gotten around to it yet though.

Kevin

The front fender sticks out past the tire dont crack it by running up against wall.I use this wheel chock on my flatbed trailer dont let the plastic fool ya mine several years old shows little if any wear.
http://www.blackandgray.com/main.htm

you might check into 1 of these harnesses as well busa is hard to latch onto these work good.canyon dancer harness

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp....d=41812

e37505.jpg

i also use 2 tiedowns on the rear of bike (grabrail) with extensions try to get 4 on it,if 1 ever pops loose on front you wont regret it.lousy pic my buddies use 1 in there trailer they dont even have it bolted just slide it in.
chock4.jpg

<!--EDIT|ROACH
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140884069 -->

try this man:
lessen the angle!
park your truck so the back wheels are in a shallow ditch.
or use a loading dock.
the less the angle, the safer the loading.

do that and you can use a smaller, folding ramp, like a fly aluminum folder

Hey Guys,  I will be picking me up the wheel Chock & a set of those tiedowns.

Kevin, I was thinking the same thing about the ramps. Building something that can be joined together while being used. We need to put our heads together and see what we can come up with.
Thanks for all your help

<!--EDIT|Gregbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140888544 -->

Hey Guys,  I will be picking me up the wheel Chock & a set of those tiedowns.

Kevin, I was thinking the same thing about the ramps. Building something that can be joined together while being used. We need to put our heads together and see what we can come up with.
Thanks for all your help
I have another good idea, it's Saturday afternoon, the weather is nice and we live in the same town, let's go for a ride.

Oh man, I would love to. However I just purchased the bike from another guy now I am waiting on Suzuki Inc. To send the title so it can be signed over to me. I was told by my credit union to keep it parked until then. Trust me that is a VERY HARD THING TO DO
mad.gif

Oh man, I would love to. However I just purchased the bike from another guy now I am waiting on Suzuki Inc. To send the title so it can be signed over to me. I was told by my credit union to keep it parked until then. Trust me that is a VERY HARD THING TO DO
mad.gif
That's okay, we'll do it another time. I talked my wife into riding and we made an afternoon of it. It was a great day for a ride.

Kevin

This is what I'd like to get: <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-ARCHED-ALUMINUM-FOLDING-MOTORCYCLE-RAMP-ATV-RAMPS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34284QQit
emZ4615831622QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW" target="_blank">clicky</a>

<!--EDIT|Ride_or_Fish
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140912110 -->

Darn it - I can't get the link properly. On ebay it is item 4616576579

<!--EDIT|Ride_or_Fish
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140912184 -->

This is what I'd like to get: <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-ARCHED-ALUMINUM-FOLDING-MOTORCYCLE-RAMP-ATV-RAMPS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34284QQit

emZ4616576579" target="_blank">clicky here</a>
That's very interesting.
This listing (#) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.

If the listing was removed by eBay, consider it canceled. Note: Listings that have ended more than 90 days ago will no longer appear on eBay.

Try searching for another item now.

They relist this all the time. Auction may end but they alway have another. If you ride up they I would pay attention the weight rating. If you hit it to hard, ouch. Well just be careful.

I plan on getting 2 ramps. Walk up one with bike running on the other. Also very carefull.

Someone noted fender will hit before tire. I almost found out the hard way. The day I picked her up.

Back