Ramps to load into your pickup

Sure thing, I will have my baxley chock up against the mid-gate is my current plan and probably investing in a pair of these things regardless of ramp I purchase. By some eyeball measurements the rear tire will be on the tailgate but looks like it should be closer to the bed. My bed from mid-gate to end of the tailgate is 90" and I have a 2003 so I'm not sure if they changed anything on the 07's

tailgate-support.jpg
I have an arched folding ramp, 18" wide I believe and use a 2X12 to walk on. Just clutch it right up the ramp.

But the real reason I'm replying is because of the quote above. I spent many years working at Chevy dealers and those factory tailgate straps are unreliable in general, no way I'd let the bike sit on them alone. That aftermarket support strap will be a wise investment.

get the tail gate support and make your own ramps . With the short ramps you will scrape the mid section of your bike whe your front tire gets in the truck because of being lowered .

This is how not to load your bike.???

He's lucky it didn't fall sooner and over and out of truck!
This is why ramps scare me to death. I've seen many a bike fall over or out and I've seen a short small weak drunk load his Zx10 for years without incident. My luck for sure is bad on things like this.
Board would snap, ramp would spit off tailgate (which I saw happen and the guy nose dived right into end of truck), I'd fall over, whatever, too many what ifs for me.

Good luck Zuk and BE CAREFUL brother.

Try Harbour Freight ... No, I'm not joking, They have an assortment of well made, low priced ramps that will meet/exceed your needs ... if you check the listings in a recent motorcycle magazine you will usually find a coupon for 20% off their already bargain price ...

Go on ... we won't tell anyone where you got them :laugh:

In my humble opinion........DO NOT get this HF item for use in a pick-up(I have a F-150). This is awesome for everything EXCEPT long wheel base bikes. It works great on my trailer but it's just not long enough for the Busa, lowered or not. I've loaded refrigerators, big big tool boxes, electric scooters....but loading the Busa for a cross country journey was not easy. Scraped bottom, needed two other folks to help. The longer arched ramps are what you should focus on.

Aluminum Loading Ramp - 1200 Lb. Capacity

how does it connect together? I have an Avalanche so I have the back seat I can put the ramps into if I need the space, just trying to decide between these for $350 delivered and the Black Widows for 2x the cost

There are long and short bolts that come with it. Use the short bolts to use them as three individual ramps or the long bolts to use them as one wide ramp. Looks like you can use straps to hook them together faster.
I saw ramps like these in a full size Chevy. They were hooked together as a wide ramp and fastened to 2 by 4s stuck into the stake pockets of the truck bed.

On a Tacoma the Busa sits on the front part of the tailgate and I have never had a problem.

i have a '93 toyota pickup...on level ground it is no bueno...gotta get the front end up on something or lower the back into a low spot to get the tailgate a little closer to the ground

Anyone fit a Busa in a Sport Trac? I have a friend that fits his TL1000 or GSXR 1000 in his older Sport Trac at an angle, resting on the tailgate. The 07 and newer Sport Tracs have a bigger bed.... I will have to get out the tape measure.

i have a '93 toyota pickup...on level ground it is no bueno...gotta get the front end up on something or lower the back into a low spot to get the tailgate a little closer to the ground

I agree with that. I eventually used my truck ramps to raise the bike ramps and give it about another foot in length, still was a pain getting the bike out.

I thought everyone these days kept a fork lift with straps nearby for loading...

Back