Is the 12ft loading ramp correct for a lowered Busa ?

38 Cigarette

Registered
Ok boys n girls

I'm looking into getting a loading ramp to get my lowered stock wheelbase gen II Busa into the bed of my dually which has a tailgate height of 35.5 inches.

According to the RAMP CONFIGURATOR on motorcycleramps.com/discountramps.com ( same company btw ), if you only lower a Gen II 1 INCH, you need a ramp at least 11.65 feet long (!) and even longer if you lower it more than 1 inch.

Is that really correct ? What length of ramp are you guys using that have lowered your Busa ? Will a 10 or a 9 ft ramp work ? I searched here and it seems some guys are using ramps shorter than 12ft, perhaps using tricks like raising the front wheels or finding a ditch to help out, but I'm wanting to know coming in clean what has worked.

Thank you in advance my bruthas and sistas :thumbsup:

I would go with the longer ramp to help you get the bike in the back of your truck. When you get to where you are going to and you have to unload and load the bike, you may not have any help from another person or a good spot to load the bike from.

The tailgate on my trailer is 11.5 ft tall (minus the bumper to ground height, maybe 1.5 feet) and I have to lay another ramp on top of it to clear when loading lowered Busa's. Already busted two under cowls even with the extra ramp. Gotta be careful...

An arched ramp will help tremendously~!~

Last edited:
Someone told me that once~!~ :laugh:

I've been looking at ramps all Winter and am thinking about going with the extending yellow arched ramp that Northern sells. The arch will allow you to use a shorter ramp than if you go with a straight ramp.

Last edited:
not sure but at some point your ramp cost may exceed the cost of a small trailer (open or enclosed) .... keep your eye on the price then shop your options. Loading from that height can be a bit unnerving if you get a single track ramp.

A 5x10 enclosed can be had new from $1500ish. An open trailer with a ramp can be had from $400 and up. Looks like their folding 12' ramp is approaching $600. Lots of options out there :thumbsup:

Go with a trailer. Way easier plus you can use it ti haul whatever you want when not hauling the bike.I used a open utillity for years hauling my toys.Boought a used 7x 14 enclosed 2 years ago for $1200 with 3 removable Pingle chocks and 9 drings for staping bikes downand a carpeted floor. I installed e tracking down center and sides of floor for strapping options

Busa 457.jpg

Busa 581.jpg

Thanks guys.
I've considered getting a trailer also. However, for my situation and for right now I just want to be able to put the Busa in the bed of the truck when I'm also towing something else at the same time, like my boat when I'm doing a trip somewhere and I want to bring both things.

A shorter ramp would be easier to store which is also why i'm asking.

Is anybody using a ramp shorter than 12 feet with a lowered Busa ?

I think my ramp is only 6ft, never had a problem finding a hill behind a curb in a parking lot or somewhere to reduce the angle. I hate pulling a trailer and with the bike on the back of my truck I feel more comfortable at speed especially in the twisties.
Posted via Mobile Device

Houston, we have a problem! :whistle:

How low is your bike?

35.5 inches is a tall a$$ truck bed. You must have a lift kit eh?

Measure your bike height at the header pipes. Using the bed height and wheel base you can calculate the length required.

Back