Little Info Please

Jamie... I once told you that if you avoided personally insulting folks you would get more respect here.

What's the point of insulting a guy who has been helping us for over a year. On his own time and nickel. No he's not perfect.

Given a choice of taking Cheese's advice on something and yours.

'lantabusa, don't cha know that you can't trust anything you read on the Internet.

- Johnnycheese. He isn't a Suzuki tech from Austin, TX. He is a Kawasaki rep from Greenland trying to make money off of block off plates. $10 is a lot of money in Greenland, and they don't sell many bikes there either.
- themotorhead. He doesn't exist. I can prove it! Who would be crazy enough to turbo a Busa. Nobody!
- cam chain tensioner failures. A bunch of Honda guys trying to scare us into buying slow and ugly Blackbirds.
- subframe failures. Hard core Busa riders who think the Busa is NOT a sport-tourer and should never be loaded with either a) a fat girlfriend, or; b) luggage. They made it totally up, to uphold the Busa's reputation as a take no prisoners bike.
-'lantabusa. You don't exist either! You may think you do. But you don't. In fact none of us exist at all! Descartes was wrong: I think therefore I am NOT.
- I don't ride a Busa. I ride a 2valve, air cooled GPZ750. I would have bought a newer bike, but I know the GPZ was the fastest ever made. All the rest is marketing hype designed to sucker you into buying a new bike.

Jamie

You're a twat.

Next time you need any help / advice, go someplace else.

JohnnyCheese has helped so many people on these boards, and, well what F**king business of yours what he does??

People like you lose good people like JC from places like this

Nuff said
Angry as SH1t Nuts

Sorry Dude I am human and make mistakes but I am not required to answer anyones questions

If you will now excuse me I have to go to bed. I have to go to PepBoys in the morning.

And yes anyone can make plates but can ou back it up if someone need help while installing them

(stepping in)

Jamie,

Just wanted to say that I really enjoy reading your post/replies. Even the times you use to flame Me were good!

BRAVO!! ;)

(stepping out)

LOL!!

You guys are great!

Take his advice.

What I'm saying is, I've seen him repeat the correct answers that someone else gave.

If you guys want to listen then good.

I on the other hand take everything I read from everyone with a grain of salt.

Lantabusa for all I know YOU are JC. Seems like you're the only one who has talked to him.

I put this post on here to see if anyone had talked to the guy or been to his dealership. So far I've only heard from his biggest fan.

Lyle,
Do me a favor, don't address me. I've sent you email that you've ignored, I've tried to meet you and you've blown me off. Now you speak to me?!! Get bent. I don't give out Hayabusa advice, I've never worked on one.

Oh and I do know what I'm talking about because I make my living working on bikes. Just like when Frank said he could build you an engine like his, just send it to him. In the end we all saw how that worked out, he had to take his bike to a real tech to get it tuned in.

Jamie

[This message has been edited by Jamie (edited 04 August 2000).]

I'd also like to add, this thread was a service to you guys, to help show you who might be a fake.

A little skepticism is healthy, blindly following someone is stupid.

Jamie

Okay Jamie. I don't know you from Adam

I'll tell you what though, Lanta and I talk on the phone, USA to UK, Lyle has corresponded with me in the past in answer to my request for help, JohnnyCheese has, Motorhead has, many people on these boards have. Some talk, because they have something interesting to say, or just want to share some of their experiences with you.

As for you, all you've done is to make a complete prat of yourself.

Who are you eh??

I wold type it, but all the words would come out as stars, and that is one thing you most certainly are not.

Nuts

[This message has been edited by NumbNuts (edited 04 August 2000).]

CanuckBusa,
I think I said I don't come here everyday. When I do I see most of you guys falling all over yourselves praising this guy and asking him questions that he, in my opinion, isn't qualified to answer.

Maui,
Don't hold back man! If I said something that was incorrect fill me in. Make sure to be specific because I'll look it up to see if you remember it correctly. I try not to open my mouth unless I know what I'm talking about. I think that's how people get the impression JC knows what he's talking about, he chimes in on a lot of threads. He never really says anything in either direction but once you've become familiar with seeing him posting a lot, you might, mistakenly, think that he knows what he's talking about.

Lantabusa,
I seem to recall people on this site who said they met Fakincop and his Bi wife, ex SEAL, SWAT cop, had a KnN a year before they were made, self. It just seemed like the people who met him were probably his alter-ego-screen-names. I was at the Philly cycle show, I didn't see anyone hanging near the Busas with two chicks, a fan club and a early 70's police uniform on. I especially liked when he claimed he wrecked his Busa, told us where he did it and when someone called the police in that area, the cops told them that no accidents happened on that road on that day.

I didn't say JC wasn't an actual person, I said I question if he works as a cycle tech. Have you been to his shop?
I can buy flat steel from Lowes and make block off plates with my bench grinder too, it doesn't make me an authority on anything.

The point of this post was and is,
Beware the false profits!

I don't see what the big deal is, whether he is or is not a tech.... He gives some good answers and has helped myself and others in the process.

So, thanks for the help JC

Johnnycheese may go over board at times with arrogant replies, and yes alot of these members seem to be intimidated by him.He as with several members on this board contribute useful information to all of us.Thats what this board is all about.Some of us may get offended about difference of opinion but thats life.Ride on....

Johnny Cheese is real. He used to live in SoCal, but now lives and works in Austin,Texas. He is a trained Suzuki wrench, and a helluva good guy. I don't know him well enough to call him my friend, but I have met him, talked to him,(and 'lantabusa ain't him) and respect his opinions.

Occasionally I disagree with him on matters of opinion,but I don't recall him being wrong on matters of fact.

Johnny tries very hard to be helpful, but there are only so many times one can explain about the wellnuts on the windscreen or the clutch mod, or 1000 other things that have been hammered to death,without getting a bit short.

Almost all of those simple things are in the archives, and can be researched in detail by anyone who is interested. Most of the newcomers and occasional posters don't want to be bothered with the research. They want a quick answer from JC, and he may have answered that same question several dozen times before.

Most times he will answer, and usually with civility. When he occasionally slips, cut him a little slack. His presence benefits us all.

[This message has been edited by SlowHand (edited 05 August 2000).]

Damm right he's real!!! I stopped by his house on a sunday and he installed the block-off plates for me... for free!!!

Sorry JC you have to put up with this kind of crap.

This topic is ridiculous.

I will simply add that I have trusted JC's knowledge and sincerely appreciate his patience with some of my questions/dilemmas off-line. A very trusting individual to say the least.

If only he had a shop in Atlanta.

And Jamie what do you pretend to be, O wise one? Thanks for colorful insights about the poser type but I always heard it like this "it takes one to know one."
Jay R Hammock

Mr. Hammock,

Obviously your wisdom doesn't include the ability to read or you would have seen in one of my earlier posts, what I do for a living.

I think it's a flaw that most of the people on this site have. I DIDN'T say JC wasn't a person. I DIDN'T say he doesn't sell block off plates. I DIDN'T say he doesn't have a phone or an E mail address. I DIDN'T say he answers all his questions wrong.

What I DID say was, IS HIS REAL JOB A CYCLE TECH?

You guys need to rub your eyes so you can see better and start reading what's really written instead of what you think I meant.

Lantabusa seems to think he's some kind of Suzuki insider, a secret man on the inside who feeds us info that he shouldn't. What a dreamer! Hey, Lanta, if you're buying that then, I'm a rich millionaire by day and at night I put on my leather suit and fight crime when the Commissioner signals me with a special spotlight. LOL

Listen, I don't care anymore about this subject. I work on bikes and I get the feeling he's talking through his hat. I was trying to make you aware of my gut feeling.

My gut told me the Faker161 wasn't a real cop. My gut told me that Frank didn't know as much as he thought he did. If you still think Frank is a tech head when it comes to bikes, read the Stroker thread. I'm not saying Frank or JC isn't a nice helpful guy, I'm not saying their not friendly, I'm saying be careful. If someone on the net tells you it'll fit, you should still measure it yourself anyway. If you don't whose fault is it?

Maui,
Funny story, you're right everyone makes mistakes. Thursday, while we were talking, I was putting a couple of ZX-11 engines together. Two were all stock and one was an 1109. After my two stockers had the bottom ends blue printed and put together and only needed the heads put on, then I started assembling the 1109's bottom.
As I was putting the last rod and piston together I realized I couldn't find the last correct JE wristpin. I searched and searched, I turned everything upside-down. No pin. I found plenty of stock pins but couldn't find the JE piece. I know I had it here because I used it to mock up the #1 piston to set the cam timing. I even still had it's wrapper sitting on the bench. I unwrapped a box, that had a big block kit I was sending out, in it, not there either. I could have used a stock pin but it's not my style. I pulled the two stockers' jugs up to expose the pins so I could look through them, to find the pin, not there. Furious at my self, I called JE and ordered another pin, $18 +s/h. Lesson learned. About three hours later I opened up the parts washer to clean something and BAM there is was. Called JE to cancel the order but it was after hours there and I got the machine. Seems I forgot it was in there. You see, I don't even trust suppliers to send me clean parts.

Maui, I don't open my mouth unless I know what I'm talking about. That's why I questioned what I said that was wrong, because I as far as I know everything has been accurate.

Lesson of this story is, everyone is human. I make mistakes too. No one here is any more special than anyone else in the world. If you guys think JC is a god then that's your opinion. I have an opinion too and I think you all know what it is by now.

Jamie

Lawdog,

Yeah I'd bet you're a cop. Most cops are a$sholes and you fit the profile.

BTW, if you didn't meet JC at his secret dealership, they why are you talking?

Get back to your doughnuts.

Jamie

Everyone,

I've said my peace on this subject, you know how I feel.

You're not gonna change my mind.

Keep posturing if you want to though, I do get a kick out of your attemps to show me who's in charge.

LOL
Jamie

PS:
Lawpup, like I'd let you catch me.
I bet you'd like to bend me over, but I think you'd have better luck with your sister. You know that's how it works down there, I saw Deliverance. LOL

[This message has been edited by Jamie (edited 07 August 2000).]

Back