Lingenfelter's offspring

vincent

What blue lights?
Donating Member
Registered
As some of you know I teach basic avionics for Navy and Marine Corps students. Got a new sailor in one of my classes last Wed. by the name of Lingenfelter who says he is John's grandson. No real signifigance to it, I just thought it was interesting and figured I would let you know about it. If there are any messages that you would like to pass along, let me know.

For those that don't know, Lingenfelter is to Corvette what Shelby is to mustang cobra.

Cool.. small world after all
wink.gif

pass along this... if he was a better grandson, then ol grandpa would be slippin him a cut of the profit!
tounge.gif

if I remember correctly, grandpa isn't around anymore. I could be wrong though. I have already asked him what slow assed car he would be getting, he replied with: "I prefer bikes, I have a f4i right now and am wanting to move up soon." Atleast one of them knows where speed comes from

john Lingenfelter was killed in a prostock truck accident (he died several months later because of hospital screwups) he was a engine genius especially on the small block chevy, his tuner cars and trucks were faster than anyone elses. he built a late model street driven Corvette that ran low 9s in the quarter got 20 + miles to the gallon and had a/c. there were hundreds of articles in all the car magazines about him. from what i heard about him,he was an extremely nice guy

tell his grand son, i bought John's book on the smallblock chevy and remember reading about him from the 60s untill he had his crash. i think he made an incredible contribution to the hot rod community and will be missed. i never read one bad thing ever said about him.

da busa guy> Your from right in around here, so if you go to the mall you will probably see him walking around in his whites.

Have I seen you up at either Hooters (Tues. nights) or Bagelheads (Sun. Mornings) yet? There are quite a few of us around

I didn't know who "Lingenfelter" was...so, to me, the title of your thread just sound mysterious/funny...I was simply compelled to read...
tounge.gif

Lingenfelter was an automotive great, a diety in the world of small block Chevys. I think it's cool his grandson has the taste for speed also.......

How could you be into performance, on any scale, and not know of Lingenfelter?

gee, Vincent, i ain't very observant, didn't see you were in Pensacola too, so Lingenfelter's grandson is here, too cool. only been to hooters once for lunch and haven't been to bagleheads yet. i work at a car dealership here (astro lincoln) just a lowly mechanic. so does his grandson ride too?

john Lingenfelter was killed in a prostock truck accident (he died several months later because of hospital screwups) he was a engine  genius especially on the small  block chevy, his tuner cars and trucks were faster than anyone elses. he built a late model street driven  Corvette that ran low 9s in the quarter got 20 + miles to the gallon and had a/c. there were hundreds of articles in all the car magazines about him. from what i heard  about him,he was an extremely nice guy
John was injured in a sport compact Cavalier in Pomona, he later died from complications back home in Indiana. John was a drag racer first and foremost, the Corvette stuff came later as a money maker.

you are right, i read he was in an accident drag racing and assumed he was still racing pro stock trucks. he died dec. 25 2003, sorry for the misinformation

da busa> I rarely go to either mall, but all the students seem to have stories about when they were hanging out at the Cordova mall. About the closest most bikes get to there is Hooters starting around 7:30. They are raffling off a bike right now so if you can show up next Tues. We usually get anywhere from 50 to 150 bikes in that small parking lot.

His grandson says he rides, but he doesn't have his bike down here. Just got here within the past couple of weeks if he is in my school. Can easily find out if he will be bringing it down here though.

Vincent, i may get up to hooters tue., if it would just quit raining in the afternoon, need to break in the 1000 so i may bring it up.thanks for the reply. richard

Back