Limited Edition Hayabusa

Hunt NXS

Registered
I've finally found a great board!

One of my buddies bought a new Limited Edition Hayabusa a couple of weeks ago. He has since broke his leg (stairs) and had agreed to sell it to me. He has since changed his mind, but I found another new one. $12,000 out the door. Good price?

Secondly, I'v fallen in love with this bike. I've had a Ninja 750 19 years ago and a Ducati 896 I think, 12 years ago.

The Huyabusa has been in my garage for the last week, well, not entirely in my garage, I've been riding the hell out of it.

Keeping it under 5,500 rpm's, but its been a blast. I'm 36 years young, it has brought back my childhood.

What do you think? Get the new Limited?

Welcome to the madness...
smile.gif

An '04 LE for $12K OTD is on the highside if you ask me. New '05s should be hittin' showroom floors within the next couple weeks, so I would think you can do much better than that. And I guess I mean about $1500 to $2000 less than that figure. Either that or you better be gettin' a whole lot of extra stuff from the dealer.

Yeah $12k is a tad high for the 04LE. I don't think it flew outta the showrooms because the color looked too pink indoors maybe. Hell I hated the color until I saw on ein person in the sun... Looks sweet...
thumbs-up.gif

So I dunno, have the dealer knock about a grand off the total and work on getting it OTD TAGS< TAX TITLE PLATES, for around 11K or less. Shouldn't be too hard...

Welcome to the board, post some pics when you make your decision.

I woud be kinda tempted to just hold off until the 2005's hit, and see what the 05 LE looks like...

Good to have you onboard. Shop around before you really commit. I nearlly visited every dealer in Los Angeles for My Busa, I finally got my 03 for 10-5 OTD.

Thinking about it, it really ticks me off. Retail is $10,999 and with TTL it is under a grand. I'm not really saving much, if any.

When is the 05 comming out?

Ya....$12k is way to high this time of the year EVEN FOR A SE/LE!

In my opinion if you aren't getting it OTD(Tax, Title, License) for under $11k you are getting shafted.  Now if you are getting extended warranty, helmet, jacket, gloves, etc.. etc...all the other stuff you don't have to have but might want included.....ya...$12k is okay!

Most people that shop around get the bike around $9,200-9,800 so with T, T, L, etc.... A little over $10 should be the ball park #!

Almost forgot about the 05's (THEY SHOULD BE OUT END OF NOV./ EARLY DEC.)!  If you want to come up North, you could probably get an 05 for the same price $10k.  There is a place in Ohio that sells them year round for under $10k!

Also you might want to hold off and see what the 05 SE/LE color is unless you are stuck on the RED!

<!--EDIT|Got-Busa?
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098377409 -->

Welcome to the board and welcome to the madness. I bought mine for $10,425 OTD. $12,000 is nuts they are trying to stick someone because it is the last of the 04LEs. I don't there is going to be an 05LE.

I found a LE on e-bay for $5,100 brand new. Does anyone have experience with e-bay and bikes?
Odds are not high that that is a legitimate sale. You will probably find shortly that you cannot access it. Way too many scams on eBay, so I would try another route.

12g's tell the dealer to pack sand shop around your sure to find a dealer tryin to sell an 04 at a killer price to make room for the 05's

That is too hight, for even a LE, I made the a dealership in Nashville, Tn. do a locator and he found 13 busa's on show room, and I purchased an 03 silver/gray with 9 miles on the dash for $9500, probably could have got it cheaper, but what the hell, shop around.

Welcome to the board!
Shop shop shop around~ Stay away from that stealer that quoted you 12k!
If you can.. wait for the '05... they are sweet as is~ I've heard differant rumors
about an '05LE~ One was said to be all Blue...the other was there won't be one at
all~ I find the ladder hard to believe~ I mean why stop making a LE for each year?
Whether or not it's gonna be Blue... I really don't know~ Like I said.. just rumors~
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|GJoker
Reason for Edit: "I'm sofa king we taw did!"|1098389602 -->

Back