Lightweight Axles??

Nothing wrong with going ahead with that plan . IMO , you are free to pick a bike you like , and do what you want , to your taste . In regards to the Busa , it can be built to run a drag strip , roll a race , or go super HP like @michael parris heuberger and do all these and the top speed events . Then there are dudes that like the big bike feel , the torquey big cc , and decide we will build it to turn better and mod it accordingly . Some like you @bigboy , going further than myself for the engine build also , full house mods .
I have to say I was VERY disappointed with the gen 3 hayabusa. I don't use electronics so I can't see paying that much more for a bike with basically the same power. I know there are other improvements but just not enough for me.

The stock Busa gets gapped by these new liter bikes. It needed a bump in power but not too much to make it unbalance. Especially with keeping stock wheelbase and height

I have to say I was VERY disappointed with the gen 3 hayabusa. I don't use electronics so I can't see paying that much more for a bike with basically the same power. I know there are other improvements but just not enough for me.

The stock Busa gets gapped by these new liter bikes. It needed a bump in power but not too much to make it unbalance. Especially with keeping stock wheelbase and height
It would be a full time job and obsession to try and keep up to the hp/weight trends..

Anything that can be done to a Hayabusa or even a ZX14R can be done to a liter bike and seeing as they are already over 100 lbs lighter and pretty much equal in hp, they have the clear advantage when it comes down to it.

However, there is also owner happiness that has to be calculated into all of this...in the end, this is the most important factor in my opinion....

I find myself just enjoying the ride and being out and about more than being the fastest thing on the road. Even though my hands hurt after a short while these days, my bike sure makes me want to ride a lot longer because it is so effortless to ride.

It would be a full time job and obsession to try and keep up to the hp/weight trends..

Anything that can be done to a Hayabusa or even a ZX14R can be done to a liter bike and seeing as they are already over 100 lbs lighter and pretty much equal in hp, they have the clear advantage when it comes down to it.

However, there is also owner happiness that has to be calculated into all of this...in the end, this is the most important factor in my opinion....

I find myself just enjoying the ride and being out and about more than being the fastest thing on the road. Even though my hands hurt after a short while these days, my bike sure makes me want to ride a lot longer because it is so effortless to ride.
I just don't wanna be the slowest lol. Actually I think the trend is headed to lower hp and less Superbikes. Even motogp is going to 850cc.

I ran Ti axles and the were right at 40% lighter and well machined . Noticed improvements in suspension action as it was less weight for forks to control.

This is a high cost mod and really only benefit to a small amount of riders . Care needs to be taken to torque spec and antisieze use .

Lighter wheels should be chosen and used 1st .
More bang for the buck .

I should mention I got my front ti axle here half off due to a member buying a gen 2 axle for his gen 1 .
I'm down for it. I'm doing everything I can to lighten up the baby. Been dancing at night at Club booty juice for extra scratch

Partybus GIF by Hardtours

Back