Lightweight Axles??

Particles Titanium GIF by KEEGOpioneers

For street , longtivity , durability , the very best ti axles for Busa are Beta Titanium , available from Webike . Very expensive , and front axles are made heavier than some ti axles , but are not poorly machined at all . Built to last many years of even race hard use , I prefer these over any other , my ZX14R and 2023 H2 use them for example .

Last edited:
Yeah, I know it's a lighter material, and that a heavier ti part would have to have more mass, or be a poor version of 'titanium'
Ti axle can look exactly the same as the steel oem , but the hollow diameter is where they can differ . Those BetaTitanium are example of this . Some pics of ti axles for ZX14R , Beta are green , and custom pivot axle and rear in plain ti . A set of Busa axles , 2 that feature cups for quick release setups .

20231112_101325.jpg

20230104_135743.jpg

20230104_135457.jpg

20221206_164338.jpg

20221206_164338.jpg

Last edited:
Ti axle can look exactly the same as the steel oem , but the hollow diameter is where they can differ . Those BetaTitanium are example of this . Some pics of ti axles for ZX14R , Beta are green , and custom pivot axle and rear in plain ti . A set of Busa axles , 2 that feature cups for quick release setups .

View attachment 1683675

View attachment 1683676

View attachment 1683677

View attachment 1683678

View attachment 1683678

How much money is sitting on that countertop?
$3k??
lol

I ran Ti axles and the were right at 40% lighter and well machined . Noticed improvements in suspension action as it was less weight for forks to control.

This is a high cost mod and really only benefit to a small amount of riders . Care needs to be taken to torque spec and antisieze use .

Lighter wheels should be chosen and used 1st .
More bang for the buck .

I should mention I got my front ti axle here half off due to a member buying a gen 2 axle for his gen 1 .

I ran Ti axles and the were right at 40% lighter and well machined . Noticed improvements in suspension action as it was less weight for forks to control.

This is a high cost mod and really only benefit to a small amount of riders . Care needs to be taken to torque spec and antisieze use .

Lighter wheels should be chosen and used 1st .
More bang for the buck .

I should mention I got my front ti axle here half off due to a member buying a gen 2 axle for his gen 1 .
For sure , ti axles are usually a last mod , and with light weight wheels etc first for the big save gains , to unsprung weight . But if you are a little obsessed with your bikes weight , you will probably do it .

How much money is sitting on that countertop?
$3k??
lol
Well , I try not to add it up bro , the Busa I sold was still sporting full Zeta ti axles , ( which are now not in production ) plus a pivot axle available now thru Schnitz Racing . The custom axles I have spare for the 14R , were made in UK by an excellent machinist , and the pictured Busa axles I had modified and setup by Fast Franks Racing USA , modified Mettec USA items .

Well , I try not to add it up bro , the Busa I sold was still sporting full Zeta ti axles , ( which are now not in production ) plus a pivot axle available now thru Schnitz Racing . The custom axles I have spare for the 14R , were made in UK by an excellent machinist , and the pictured Busa axles I had modified and setup by Fast Franks Racing USA , modified Mettec USA items .

lmao...I don't have nearly the money in mods as you do, on any of my past or current machines...and it hurts me to add up what I've spent on them, so I understand
lol

For sure , ti axles are usually a last mod , and with light weight wheels etc first for the big save gains , to unsprung weight . But if you are a little obsessed with your bikes weight , you will probably do it .
I am definitely obsessed and I'm definitely going to do it. I figure if I'm going to go in on this bike....I might as well GO IN. I love the Premium performance of these liter bikes.

The beauty of form and function and cutting edge performance. The busa in its natural form is definitely a great package but I want something to rival the allure of a Panigale V4r.
In the end it will cost the same as one too. But it will be a better more reliable bike...for me.

I am definitely obsessed and I'm definitely going to do it. I figure if I'm going to go in on this bike....I might as well GO IN. I love the Premium performance of these liter bikes.

The beauty of form and function and cutting edge performance. The busa in its natural form is definitely a great package but I want something to rival the allure of a Panigale V4r.
In the end it will cost the same as one too. But it will be a better more reliable bike...for me.
Once that bug bites you....it is easy to become addicted...

I went through it with a couple bikes I owned in the past and vowed never again.....only because I know how much fun it can be....

Once that bug bites you....it is easy to become addicted...

I went through it with a couple bikes I owned in the past and vowed never again.....only because I know how much fun it can be....
After seeing how much this cost and how involved it is I don't see doing this again lol. I don't see myself selling it either especially knowing how rare it will be. I've not seen any other like @ROADTOAD1340

Nothing wrong with going ahead with that plan . IMO , you are free to pick a bike you like , and do what you want , to your taste . In regards to the Busa , it can be built to run a drag strip , roll a race , or go super HP like @michael parris heuberger and do all these and the top speed events . Then there are dudes that like the big bike feel , the torquey big cc , and decide we will build it to turn better and mod it accordingly . Some like you @bigboy , going further than myself for the engine build also , full house mods .

Back