Lift Table.

Mathewrussell52

Registered
I told myself I was gonna get a lift table before I did my turbo build. Well did my turbo build and still want a table. What do you have and how do you like it.

Harbor freight can find good prices with sales and coupons but they just seem cheep. I see some on eBay for $700 that look ok. And even thought of just building my own.

image.jpeg

I've had HFs base foot pump model @ $299 for years and love it. It's a tad narrow but quite sturdy. My CBX sits on its center stand and the Busa on a rear stand with or without using the front stand. I use a Canyon Dancer to steady the front. When not 'using' it one of my bikes is parked on it. Each foot pump is very easy and they stay the same until the lift is all the way up. Doesn't get any harder to pump. Quite worth the $$ IME.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 1577823 I've had HFs base foot pump model @ $299 for years and love it. It's a tad narrow but quite sturdy. My CBX sits on its center stand and the Busa on a rear stand with or without using the front stand. I use a Canyon Dancer to steady the front. When not 'using' it one of my bikes is parked on it. Each foot pump is very easy and they stay the same until the lift is all the way up. Doesn't get any harder to pump. Quite worth the $$ IME.
So after 8 years still like it?? I have seen super coupons on them before and almost made the purchase. Here they don’t have them on the floor so you can’t see them. I have bought a lot of things from HF and most of the time its those one time use kind of things and if it does the job once it’s worth the cash.

Thanks for the feedback.

I have seen some vids on youtube where guys have taken the HF table and with a few cheap mods made them great so thats gonna be my Christmas present i think.

I have seen some vids on youtube where guys have taken the HF table and with a few cheap mods made them great so thats gonna be my Christmas present i think.

I've thought of welding a small 'shelf' onto the kick stand side so I can ride onto the lift dead center and put the stand down. As it is now, the side stand just misses so I have a small metal step stool about the same height as the table for that purpose but I still have to center the bike a tad before using a stand to lift the wheel. Once it's on the rear stand I can roll it back a few inches to use the front stand before attaching the Canyon Dancer. I sometimes strap the rear for my peace of mind as I lift it all the way up. I've had a variety of bikes on it, some quite heavier than the Busa with no tip overs.

I’ve had the professional handy lift and those are probably the best if you have a shop or designated area to sacrifice the space but for your home garage or wanting a lift to take to the track with you by far I love the one I currently have. It’s awesome.

Found a HF one in Craig’s list for $200. But I also found a set of Trex stand for $80. Prob only gonna to do one wife is not pleased with me spending money on myself around Christmas. decisions decisions.....

I’ve had the professional handy lift and those are probably the best if you have a shop or designated area to sacrifice the space but for your home garage or wanting a lift to take to the track with you by far I love the one I currently have. It’s awesome.

I think I am in love...

Tips for you. Smooth top is better than Dimond plate top, hydraulic is smooth operation compared to air.

Lifts take up zero room as long as you park a bike on them.
I have used all makes over the years and the two that are my favorites wheeltronics made for Snap On. Back up Harbor Freight for its bang for the buck factor.

I own a Wheeltronics unit.

After yesterday day laying on the garage floor for about 2 hours installing the inner plastics I went and bought a harbor freight lift table. Lots of people said they were good enough. And at $300 is a great price I looked consistently for the last 4 months for a decent priced used one and all I could find is a harbor freight one for $350??? And other for $1,000.

Heard people say the wheel vise was a pile. Figured I could make donfor now until I find one I like to order. Wrong what a pile of crap I probably bent a rotor getting it off.

313B26B6-BEBD-4DB0-9CBA-677B45739B71.png

2FC88AFC-7BD9-4B0C-B6A9-914B156EE619.jpeg

1520729921156.jpg
1520278931537.jpg
DSC_1693.JPG

Wheeltronics / badged Snap On.
Aba lift is great for tight garage or work areas, but can not match a Real lift. The harbor freight model is a decent unit. Many friends own one. I perform far to many bikes repairs / mods of family /friends bikes to use a non commercial lift.

Back