Lift control gen 3

Gadget112

Registered
So living in New England I have yet to get out on my 23 Busa. Can’t wait to try out all the electronics. I’m curious about what lift control can do for the riding experience. One dealer who owns a gen 3 told me it you put it on launch 3 and lift control ???, the front tire will come off the ground about 5 inches and hold there! Is this so? Does the gyro work with lift control to monitor the height of the bike? I’m having a hard time believing that. But why would you 10 levels of control? Would on, off or mid lift do it all for a rider? I’m certainly not looking to lock the front wheel to the pavement, but a controlled lift would be pretty impressive! The new cruise and traction control sounds great too. I can’t wait to show this bike off.

Lift control works very well. From setting 5 and below there is a low wheelie that is maintained with throttle wide open. Also cornering traction control works well; on corner exit you can pin the throttle wide open without the risk of a high side. Cornering ABS has no settings and is twicked conservatively, so it is perfect for road riding. For track use you can't trust it for late braking so mark your braking points earlier. Generally the electronics and the refined power delivery, suspention, and brakes take the bike to other levels compared to Gen 2 and Gen 1.

I just leave mine on A Mode and it'll either keep the wheelie tiny upon hard acceleration or simply cut power momentarily. It's random. Still trying to understand why it'll wheelie sometimes and why it'll bog others. The other night the front wheel came up a lot on full throttle shifting from 2 to 3, which took me by surprise. I know A Mode is the rowdiest nanny setting, but still, that was some lax lift control, ha-ha.

With mine set on 4 if I crack the throttle at 60 in second, with the nose strapped down it just pulls power through the gear. I think the strap messes with the computer because I can repeat the pull with the lift control off and the wheel stays on the ground.

I have mine in u1 I have max power enabled but I do have the "LF" feature set to 10. Works well no wheelies or tire lift at all so far no matter how I use the throttle.

In my experience it depends how fast the wheel comes up. The wheelie control absolutely works but how far and fast it comes up varies before the nanny intervenes.

I couldn't feel when my lift control activated from a 1st gear roll. I only knew from the LF on the dash. The front tire was clearly off the ground b/c the mph didn't jump until 2nd gear. This was mode A and I think everything was set to 1. Can't check right now bikes at the dealer. I also slowly rolled into the throttle anticipating it would try to wheelie.

Back