LifeSaver Traction Control Braking....

bigjohn141

Donating Member
Registered
The other day I was going through the competition accessories catalog and saw this item in it. They claim it to be a form of bolt on abs for motorcycles and four wheelers and what not. Check out the link to their web site for more info on this thing, sounds interesting and kinda worries me at the same time.

LINKY LINKY

MBJ_Lifesaver_WEB.jpg

"MBJ Technologies, LLC established in Minneapolis/Saint Paul Minnesota"

Right in my location - I might have to give them a call and check out this product in person. Would be neat to see some further testing results.

lurk.gif

(Zuki @ Jan. 29 2007,14:11) "MBJ Technologies, LLC established in Minneapolis/Saint Paul Minnesota"

Right in my location - I might have to give them a call and check out this product in person. Would be neat to see some further testing results.

lurk.gif
Touch base with me... I think it was Rhythm who posted up and I contacted the company.... I posted up about a possible group buy and several people balked, so I dropped it.

Just what I want in a real stopping mode, a brake that just drags  
SHOCKED.gif
with NO BITE . I think NOT  
tounge.gif

ima wait for other track racers to test them out for a year or two before getting these. if they are the hot new sliced bread, I'm in

Busa brakes are shid, so why would you want to make them less efficient
SHOCKED.gif

Maybe good for the rear brake only. Other than that . . . .

--Wag--

OK, after reading all their stuff on the website, I derive that they introduce a small amount of a compressable material in the braking system, but much harder compressible than the air would be - they offer different grades of compressability - to different braking aggressiveness.

So essentially, what the suspension system does for smoothness of the bike, that' s what their system does when the brake pad rides on a rotor.

The following questions arise.

1. Does it really help in real life to feel brakes better?

2. It's still as easy to lock up the brakes, but would require a bit more pressure on the lever with all other things being equal.

3. What if their device fails, and all of a sudden your front brake is not working as you expect?

I see lawsuites coming up.

I also don't buy the diagram where they show how the pressure changes. Just makes no sense. Why would mated pads and rotors produce those peaks of pressure, especially measured in nono-seconds. And, if it's nano seconds, then no mechanical system is capable of smoothening those peaks of pressure.

What I think this system can do, if let's say you got some dirt on the rotors which makes the braking process to go through good/poor braking rotor surface, in such a case this system can make it a bit better.

Back