Lids kids?

No.2of20

Registered
Hi guys,
hope everyone is well.
Can't believe Santa is going to bring me a new helmet for Xmas.
His budget is only around $500 Australian( $5000.00 US!!!)
I have narrowed it down to an AGV 5-KS or a Bell Qualifier DLX Mips.
With that said I have tried both brands on in ML and LGE.
The Bell had some pressure points at the back which made it a bit uncomfortable.
The AGV was more comfortable.

Would love your thoughts on this.

Cheers,
Shane.

Comfort and fit are the factors to consider along with DOT & SNELL &/or EU testing standards. Your choice. I have one Shoei and several Scorpions. I prefer the Scorpios but they’re getting a bit old.

Any helmet is a lot better than no helmet but I'd go with Shoei again. I crashed with my Shoei RF11. I had no serious head injuries, just automatically a concussion because I got knocked out. The helmet obviously helped avoid a lot more serious concussion and probably death. The face shield on the RF11 didn't even crack or come open and it took a hard hit. There are a couple really cool looking CF helmets available but the weight reduction is very slight. I'll probably stick with the tried and true.

Like George Clooney in the advertising spot once told me..... "Shoei......what else?" Or was it Nesspresso? Naaaah think it was Shoei! :D

For me the best helmets on the market. I´ve tryed a lot of helmets in the past, special the ones the german media/magazines praised over and over. No helmet fits better than a shoei for me. Maybe god decide, while he createt me "This guy has a shoei head, no other helmet shout fit on the watermelon he calls head" :D :D

But i had to admit, i own a LS2 Helmet too, they are much better, than you think. Yes its a China Helmet, but the quality is very good, fits good (even not so perfect as the shoei does), and the price is hot!

But i think for your budget, you can get a nice shoei!

I have the rpha11 and like it. Lots of ventilation but on the loud side, nothing ear plugs can't resolve. I also have a rpha 70 carbon and like that helmet as well. More on the budget side in the grand scheme but decent lids.
Mine's a 70ST carbon and it is a decent helmet but wasn't inexpensive, there are two things I don't like about it:

1) the visor is cracking around the pin lock which is something I found to be a common fault
2) the top vent catches a lot of air and causes a sort of vibration at speed.

Mine's a 70ST carbon and it is a decent helmet but wasn't inexpensive, there are two things I don't like about it:

1) the visor is cracking around the pin lock which is something I found to be a common fault
2) the top vent catches a lot of air and causes a sort of vibration at speed.
I haven't noticed any cracking but I have three or four shields I rotate. The mileage I ride has significantly been decreased, maybe with more miles a problem may arise.
I've noticed the rpha70 didn't feel as "slippery" as the rpha11 and never thought it would be the top vent, makes sense now that you mention it.

Cheers for your thoughts guys.
Look like the big red guy is bringing me an
AGV Hurricane 2.0 in Black/Silver.
Same colours as my bike.
If I was a bit smarter I would attach a picture of the lid but I am not sadly.
Cheers.

Cheers for your thoughts guys.
Look like the big red guy is bringing me an
AGV Hurricane 2.0 in Black/Silver.
Same colours as my bike.
If I was a bit smarter I would attach a picture of the lid but I am not sadly.
Cheers.
To attach a picture go to the "attach files" then select the picture from your files on your device...easy-peasy and now we will expect pictures...:lol:

Lol.
I can actually do that believe it or not BB.
I just can't seem to find a picture on the Interwebs that will let me save it.
Hmmm.
Oops for got to say it's a K5 - S model helmet.
Cheap for you guys. Medium price range down south here.

Lol.
I can actually do that believe it or not BB.
I just can't seem to find a picture on the Interwebs that will let me save it.
Hmmm.
Oops for got to say it's a K5 - S model helmet.
Cheap for you guys. Medium price range down south here.
Right, I recall you already posted pictures of your steed.....

Hey, it's early here and I'm not as think as you stunned I am.....

1636985623453.png
This one? Looks sweet!

Cheers Jake.
Yep that's the one but in black
I love my Arai - and easily within the $5k US budget (is it really 10USD per 1AUD? but don't buy for looks. First and foremost, make sure you get a helmet that fits right and is comfortable - otherwise it is useless
and silver.
Should leave the shop today apparently.

Hey Danny ,
No not quite but we always joke about the USD value versus pretty much everyone else's currency.
It's about 73c US to the AUS $.

Back