• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mzrsq

Busaless
Donating Member
Registered
I'm trying to decide.  

If money was not a factor, nor were state laws, would you rather mount your plate to the undertail, or to an alternate bracket, be it off the swingarm, or exhaust or someplace else.

Actually voted before I read the intro. Without state laws I would mount on something other than the undertail. But under current circumstances the undertail makes life a little easier for me anyway.

I mounted mine on the left stock exhaust hanger.... according to the law officials I"ve talked to its still illegal but I have yet to be stopped for it.

I have mine mounted on the swingarm and has been mounted on the exhaust braket the only time a cop said anything about it was when i was pulled over for speeding but he never gave me a ticket on it i think they just let it go most of the time but if they need a reason to pull ya over they have one just like haveing to dark of tint on your windows or in my state no liscence plate on the front of your car we suppose to have them but made my 96 camaro look ugly so i never had it so yeah got pulled over alot but never got a ticket musta thought i was doing something wrong laugh.gif

Given no laws on it, I'd put mine IN THE FUGGIN' TRASH CAN IN MY GARAGE! A tag asses up a bike no matter now you mount it! mad.gif

Confirmed it is illegal by a cop, but he also said he probably wouldn't take the time to pull me for it...been followed a few times by cops while riding the Busa, and have yet to see blue lights!

Looks good too!  tounge.gif

License_plate_mod5.JPG

If it's gotta be there, I think it should be centered in the undertail....The swingarm mounts seem to make the bike look off balance...plus it's a blatant hardlydavidson move....just my opinion.....no offense Michelle!!

And when viewed at the proper angle from the side, it vanishes!

03side.jpg

I agree with BulletTrain, but the vote is even 6-6, I was looking for something really persuasive I'm considering spending the money for a relocator, but with just a single pipe, can't decide if the plate should be on the left swingarm as most are, or like michelle's on the right, under the can! Give me your thoughts there also.

On any swingarm mounting I've seen, the plate is vertical. That screws up those of us who have a vanity plate. If it wasn't vertical, then it would stick out like a sore thumb, IMO.

Gotta go with undertail.

I like the clean look of the undertail without the plate/bracket,but on the swingarm is a bit chopper-ish.

TBONE it doesn't really matter if it vanishes from the side... it sure doesn't vanish from the rear which is what most of us want. laugh.gif

Heres my opinion. Tried it on the side but got tired of every ones head turned sideways..lol

DSC02019.JPG

My tag relocator.

I need to update the pics, I dont have any exhaust cans now... but this is what it looked like with cans

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127147365 -->

Bolted to the stock undertail,hard for the cops to see and impossible to see by the radar cameras here.

Normal.JPG

this is what I have, left side relocator so you have put RoadLok on right side. this bracket give you the capability of vertical or horizontal plate mounting. fits perfect, angled good, doesn't hit mufflers on hard bumps, very sturdy and good craftsmanship, love it! super.gif

a508_1.JPG

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUZUKI-HAYABUSA-GSXR-LICENSE-PLATE-TAG-RELOCATOR_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35580QQihZ008Q
QitemZ180161435142" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....1435142</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back