Let's spend some more of my money as a group!! (More carbon opinions needed)

I have changed all my red accent panels to carbon on my bike. Now it looks like the MooreMafia Hyperbusa, but with carbon instead of matte black wrap. It looks badass. Also just ordered the titanium colored CoreMoto wheels to sort of match the gray metallic paint.

My vote is: Do it!

Also, where did you find the chain side aero disk??? I've been looking, but apparently not hard enough...
I'm sending the rear coremoto to the guy I got my brake side from so he can measure and make me a chain side one
I vote you get front fender in carbon too..... Also there is a carbon under pan section that is way more aero.
My front fender is already carbon. I like the belly pan too and it's as it ways been a possibility to add too lol

In my opinion, if you want to spend well money in CF, get a CF wheels.

About those wheels though... I've heard they only last 3 years and are easy to crack. $4k every 3 years for wheels is little ridiculous. That's why I went forged aluminum.

+1
I've seen a few BST's crack over the years.
And @HayaWakened broke one of his BST's last week...which has to be a pretty sickening thing to see...
It seems that one good pothole is all that it takes.

7 years and 143,000kms on BST’s here, seen every road type and not one issue so far.
The gloss red core motos match the red trim almost perfectly and that's what drew me to them originally. I do slightly worry about carbon wheels and all of the shitty roads/potholes where I ride especially at night. My carbon headlight puts out more light than stock but I set it up to throw light farther down the road for night racing vs flood the road for safe normal riding. I was out texting a few weeks ago and crushed my nuts in the tank on a pothole I never knew was on a road I do all of my testing and tuning on. Ive probably made 100 passes down the same 2 lanes and habe missed it somehow all these times. Was sketchy at best but it definitely woukdnhsve exploded carbon. I'm honestly surprised the stockers survived.

(This was my 1,000th post. Kinda cool lol)

It is my understanding that after several years of production, BST began adding ss braided wire hoops to the outer lips of their wheels, which the cf is laid over, to add strength by dispersing energy over a wider area, vs only the impact area itself.
And that many of the broken wheels did not have this feature.
I have went back and forth over the years, but given the amount of aluminum wheel lips that I have had to dead-blow hammer back into shape from flat spots on the wheel lips(wheels checked ok for trueness/ straightness on static stand after), because of bad spots in otherwise great roads, and that were unavoidable.
I would not personally feel comfortable on a cf wheel at high speed, knowing potholes, and road breaks and sections were all around.
I know that alot of people have high miles on them with no issues at all, which is great too...I just don't like that bastid Murphy, and the stuff I've seen him make go wrong, lol.

Any chance you could get him to make 2? I'll send you the money before hand.
Yeah im sure he will. Ill make sure the core moto measurements will work on a stock wheel first when I pull mine off next and grab measurements for him. HE already makes a Gen 2 one but the Gen 3 wheel is slightly different its the only reason he doesn't offer them yet. I got mine from StreetSharkMoto on IG

Here is one of the most current photos of my bike to help visualize. Since these photos I have added a carbon seat pan as well as a motorfix carbon taillight replacement:
View attachment 1672302

Pieces that would be done in carbon circled in orange, lighter orange parts already purchased, I also have red core motors that are about to go on, with both a brake and sprocket side carbon aerodisc for the rear wheel lol:
View attachment 1672303
How far is your front lowered?

With the strap pulled probably 3.75"

The forks are cut basically 2.5", the triple tree lowered them another . 75" the strap is maybe .5“ and I have a shorter front tire.
It looks nice. For extra carbon I’d copy your friends setup for the middle fairing, I was planning on the same before seeing your post. That looks best in my opinion

It looks nice. For extra carbon I’d copy your friends setup for the middle fairing, I was planning on the same before seeing your post. That looks best in my opinion

For. Whike I thought of doing that middle fairing in carbon but I like the idea of carbon flowing over the top, white through the middle and red alongnthe bottom. The carbon belly pan may be added later on, but with how low my bike is a fairing that will shatter on contact with the pavement concerns me haha. I hope someone makes a carbon tank or tank shell that'll hold 3ish gallons so I can carbon tank one day. The motorfix tank just doesn't quite have the capacity I need for street riding (especially with no gas gauge)

I also do plan on count to the full carbon iOne/Catalyst race fairings once they make a turbo version with the ram air intakes in the nose covered, so I'm trying not to spend too much money on panels I plan on replacing someday lol

For. Whike I thought of doing that middle fairing in carbon but I like the idea of carbon flowing over the top, white through the middle and red alongnthe bottom. The carbon belly pan may be added later on, but with how low my bike is a fairing that will shatter on contact with the pavement concerns me haha. I hope someone makes a carbon tank or tank shell that'll hold 3ish gallons so I can carbon tank one day. The motorfix tank just doesn't quite have the capacity I need for street riding (especially with no gas gauge)

I also do plan on count to the full carbon iOne/Catalyst race fairings once they make a turbo version with the ram air intakes in the nose covered, so I'm trying not to spend too much money on panels I plan on replacing someday lol
If I knew how

i think the top carbon only will be good. If I knew how good the tail looked with that carbon racing stripe vibe I wouldn’t have bought the oem cowl

Back