Let's spend some more of my money as a group!! (More carbon opinions needed)

SS4Luck

Registered
So, I have a thing for carbon fiber as most people here have seen. And I think I need some more of it.

I've always debated on some of the rear trim needing to be switched out to carbon and I finally found someone who did it and now the wheels are spinning. This dude from PR did the rear trim, cowl and center rail section piece in carbon and I'm thinking of doing the same, plus the knee panels and the ram air covers. Id do this and keep the red in the nose, the fairing vents and the rear spoiler. In my head the carbon would flow along the top of the bike and still keep enough red for it not to look out of place.

Sample photos:
FB_IMG_1698636927364.jpg

FB_IMG_1698636921165.jpg

Knee panels from my friend Colts built, but I would leave the fairing panel white:
Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 10.22.28 PM.png

I haven't found anyone with carbon ram air covers to reference for pics tho

Here is one of the most current photos of my bike to help visualize. Since these photos I have added a carbon seat pan as well as a motorfix carbon taillight replacement:
Busa.jpeg

Pieces that would be done in carbon circled in orange, lighter orange parts already purchased, I also have red core motors that are about to go on, with both a brake and sprocket side carbon aerodisc for the rear wheel lol:
Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 10.28.33 PM.png

I have changed all my red accent panels to carbon on my bike. Now it looks like the MooreMafia Hyperbusa, but with carbon instead of matte black wrap. It looks badass. Also just ordered the titanium colored CoreMoto wheels to sort of match the gray metallic paint.

My vote is: Do it!

Also, where did you find the chain side aero disk??? I've been looking, but apparently not hard enough...

If we are spending your money, my vote is for CF....go nuts....

A full CF body kit could be something to look at as well....Keep your red accents though.
Catalyst makes full carbon race fairings, but they don't make a turbo version yet that has the ram air blocked off. Once they do the plan is to switch to that. They have a 1 piece carbon +4 tail in the works too.

I would consider more gloss or matte(invisible) clear coating done on the knee panel areas after you get them.
It won't take much to make small scuffs, scratches, or even haze from your pants contacting there.
Given how nice that cf looks, it will easily show flaws in it's finish.

I was going to have that piece wrapped with PPF before I put it on. The company I'm looking st removedbthe hash marks so I can get film to lay flat and nice

Back