Leo Vince installed

Kman0066

Registered
I got the full Leo Vince system (4-2-1), with the titanium silencer with carbon fiber end-cap for 2011.

Fit: As with the previous Leo Vince system I had on my GSXR, this exhaust is beautifully crafted. The welds look perfect. All of the needed hardware and instructions were included. One of my favorite features on this particular exhaust was that the primaries are separate from the flange pieces that bolt to the engine. This makes the header install a million times easier since you bolt the flange pieces to the engine and then just slip in the primaries and clamp with a spring. The exhaust came with a bung installed for either the factory O2 sensor with a supplied adapter or a wide-band sensor. It also came with a replacement bracket that is smaller than the factory one for the bottom mount. It also has a rubber pad that maintains space between the left most pipe and the fairing, preventing it from melting the plastic fairing. The silencer clamp is carbon-fiber, very cool.

Sound: I haven't taken out the quiet-insert yet that came installed in the muffler. Looks like just an allen bolt to remove it. But with the insert in, the exhaust is just barely louder than stock. Supposedly it meets the European standards for exhaust noise. So, that works out good for me. I wanted to ditch some pounds but not make my bike scream too much. I'll probably get out and play with the insert removed sometime, but I'm content for now.

Weight: The package was 19 pounds for the exhaust, but that includes the box and all of the internal packaging, plastic, etc. It is very light! The feel of the bike now is so much better. I can't believe the difference in feel from the weight. After replacing the exhaust, ditching the reflectors and mud-flap, removing the passenger handle, and removing the pair valve; this bike doesn't even feel that heavy anymore.

Power: I really can't say here. I still haven't broken my bike in (only had it a few weeks), so I don't even know what the stock power was like. I assume the gains will be comparable to most other systems. I got a mail-order tune done on my ECU through EBAY, and the engine seems to be running good because of it as far as I can tell.

155971799_photobucket_56113_.jpg

155971799_photobucket_56114_.jpg

155971799_photobucket_56116_.jpg

I know you'll take the quiet insert off after you hear the sound improvement without it. :laugh:

I installed a Leo Vince carbon fiber for my friend's Ducati Monster 696 and the sound difference is quite noticeable with and without the insert.

btw, did the Leo Vince label come separately and had to stick it on yourself? I found this kind of nice since you can leave it off if you want a clean install. We left the label off because the CF didn't look right with the yellow label on.

Quality was first class... Same or better than my Brock's CT duals.

Quit taking it easy and go take it out for a spin for "real". :thumbsup:

Beautiful system...I hope the install and fit are as nice and easy on the HMF setup that I'm getting..
Posted via Mobile Device

I know you'll take the quiet insert off after you hear the sound improvement without it. :laugh:

I installed a Leo Vince carbon fiber for my friend's Ducati Monster 696 and the sound difference is quite noticeable with and without the insert.

btw, did the Leo Vince label come separately and had to stick it on yourself? I found this kind of nice since you can leave it off if you want a clean install. We left the label off because the CF didn't look right with the yellow label on.

Quality was first class... Same or better than my Brock's CT duals.

Quit taking it easy and go take it out for a spin for "real". :thumbsup:

The label came installed. It looks like it would peel off easily. It also came with a replacement label should I choose to reinstall it??? I don't know, the label is fine by me, but to each his own :beerchug:

Looks good! Picture's don't do the 2011 Pearl White any justice at all. In person, they look awesome.

:thumbsup: how much power do you expect out of that system ?

I don't really know exactly. Leo claim 10% gains on full systems, which is obviously grossly over-estimating. They say they dyno run all bikes that they develop exhausts for, but their Dyno chart seems to be down on their web-site. I'll probably get mine dynoed sometime this summer, I'll post up the results when I do. ~10HP from the exhaust and tune would make me happy.

this is my full Ti looks like, its 5 years old and 40k miles on it . I need a new can like the one you have . Its a little smaller and looks better.

footpegs.jpg

Back