Led tailight install issue

Kgrey91

Registered
Hey guys and gals, just bought a smoked LED tail light, it’s a integrated with turn signals light but I wasn’t going to wire them in as the gen2 has them integrated into the body anyway, it all fits and it’s a simple plug and play jobby with the same 3 pin connector, the problem is that while it lights up once I press the brake instead of just lighting up brighter it starts to flash quickly for about 4 seconds before then staying bright until I release the brake switch. Same issue regardless of pressing the front or rear brake.
Light itself is a smoked lens LED unit only thing I can think is that I have Led front headlights fitted but regular bulbs in the indicators and the circuit load isn’t right causing the flash before the voltage settles.
Anyone come across this issue before and how did you solve it??

thankyou in advance for any input

85EF3E09-64FF-42F4-8F61-491D23185AFF.jpeg

41D716D2-39A0-4374-9F97-E79094646BE6.jpeg

I had the same led tail light in my old gen2, and never had a problem(I had led bulbs in the front signals too), and all my signals flashed at the normal rate.
I also did Not hook up the integrated turn signals in the tail light.
That has been several years ago; I wonder if your tail light IS Supposed to flash several times before staying on?
Maybe it's a safety?

Update, the seller made a good time up and sent one with a blinker mod included despite saying he didn’t, sent me a replacement and works like it should, on the plus side I’ve now had an opportunity to look round my electrics and check everything is fine and dandy so there is that

Update, the seller made a good time up and sent one with a blinker mod included despite saying he didn’t, sent me a replacement and works like it should, on the plus side I’ve now had an opportunity to look round my electrics and check everything is fine and dandy so there is that
A good time up * damn autocorrect

Back