Integrated led brake/tail light

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
I am wanting to replace my Tail/Brake light with an integrated LED set-up. The one that seems to jump out at me when I do a "google", is the Clear Alternatives one. Is the CA unit brighter than stock? Can you successfully slow the blink rate down? Are there any other suggestions for a "stock" looking integrated tai/brake light?

I have decided to go this route instead of a true undertail because doing this make my bike a little different that most of the Busas around here.

TIA

Don

Don,
I have an integrated tail light, pretty much stock, just used LED 1157 bulbs with a competition werks integrator box. They are a little brighter than stock - and you can slow the blink rate with extra resisters. There are a couple of threads about this, give me a few minutes and I'll post up a link...

Shawn,
Post a picture up if you could as well. I did a search for this here, but didn't come up with many answers.

Don

A pic of the tail or of the integrator?
I don't have any pics of the integrator, but all it is, is a box that looks like a battery pack with wires coming out of each side - Let me see what I can come up with....

A pic of the tail or of the integrator?
I don't have any pics of the integrator, but all it is, is a box that looks like a battery pack with wires coming out of each side -  Let me see what I can come up with....
A picture of the back of the bike with the brake lights on.

BTW, how was Cars?

Don

I have the CA Smoked taillight with LED integrator. Works well!

Ask GSXcite and GSXtacy. In fact, GSXtacy told me at the Bash that he didn't get one cuz he thought that it wasn't bright enough. But when he was following me, he commented how surprised he was to see how well it worked!

Yes, the CA setup comes with the 10-ohm resistors to slow the blink rate down. But I ended up removing them because I think the fast blink rate draws more attention to me; just trying everything I can to get the cagers to see me!

I have the CA Smoked taillight with LED integrator.  Works well!

Ask GSXcite and GSXtacy.  In fact, GSXtacy told me at the Bash that he didn't get one cuz he thought that it wasn't bright enough.  But when he was following me, he commented how surprised he was to see how well it worked!

Yes, the CA setup comes with the 10-ohm resistors to slow the blink rate down.  But I ended up removing them because I think the fast blink rate draws more attention to me; just trying everything I can to get the cagers to see me!
I was thinking of the clear version from them. A little brighter because of no tinted lens and my front signals are clear as well.

Could you post a picture of that setup you have?

Don

With 4 standard SPDT relays and sockets, I figured out how you can make your own LED integrator.  It will not only work with LEDs, but also with regular incadescent bulbs.  $18 total price.
smile.gif
 This setup will also work with the www.trickflasher.com 5-pattern flashers as well. BTW the pic below is for only one side of the tail light. Just repeat for the other side.

HayabusaLEDRelayIntegrator.jpg

<!--EDIT|InfiniteReality
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150132791 -->

I have the CA Smoked taillight with LED integrator.  Works well!

Ask GSXcite and GSXtacy.  In fact, GSXtacy told me at the Bash that he didn't get one cuz he thought that it wasn't bright enough.  But when he was following me, he commented how surprised he was to see how well it worked!

Yes, the CA setup comes with the 10-ohm resistors to slow the blink rate down.  But I ended up removing them because I think the fast blink rate draws more attention to me; just trying everything I can to get the cagers to see me!
It is very bright and I left the blink rate the way it was for the same reason.

Hey Infinite, where'd you get the relays n sockets? Can I just make two led boards(one for each side of my UFO) like yours n use a regular trailer integrator with the + and - wires from the LED boards?

Hey Infinite, where'd you get the relays n sockets? Can I just make two led boards(one for each side of my UFO) like yours n use a regular trailer integrator with the + and - wires from the LED boards?
You might want to try a PM as his post is two(2) years old.

Back