leather jackets

phierce

Registered
I'm looking for my first riding jacket and can't decide on what to get.
I've looked at Vanson, Dainese, and Alpinestars.
Anyone have any ideas on a good jacket?
Any links to buy would help as well.
Thanks All.

Ive been very pleased with the AGV , Teknic and Joe Rocket jackets that have now . Not had any problems with any of them .:D

Vanson Leathers...no doubt the best.  Everything they make is made by hand, and they will repair it, re-dye it, customize it, pretty much do whatever you want.

They're pricey but worth every $$, they make quality garments, not very common anymore.  I'm kind of a Vanson nut so if you have any questions, let me know. www.vansonleathers.com

ciao,
Kris

<!--EDIT|busababe813
Reason for Edit: None given...|1074143028 -->

I'll back up Busababe813 on Vansons quality, they make sweet jackets. Be sure to check out www.Newenough.com they sell Vanson and occasionally will even have Vanson clearance items. Also Z-custom leathers and Bates are worth a look.

i have a first gear jacket and am very happy with it and reasonably priced...with the armor for the back shoulders and elbows... check them out if you cant afford the vanson...
smile.gif

I have a Joe Rocket Blaster and am well pleased with fit. I am going with a full 2 piece Vanson suit later though. Vanson is to me the best. But opinions are like A**holes, everybody's got one.
cool.gif

I have a Joe Rocket Blaster also. It's a great jacket with one exception. If you look at some of the Joe Rocket jackets you will see a mesh panel in front of the sleeves around the mid bicep, elbow, mid forearm area. This is great in the summer time, but there is no way to close it off for riding in cooler or cold weather. I live in Ohio, so this is a problem for me.

If I would have realized this before I bought it, I would have gotten something else. Also, the removable inner liner is a vest style, so with the addition of sometimes bitter cold air coming in, there is also no insulation in that area. Very DUMB!

Just my .02
mad.gif

I have a FieldSheer SuperSport 2-piece suit -- zip-together jacket and pants. I wear the jacket whenever its cool (that would be every day for the last few months) with a pair of AeroStitch Darien pants over street clothes. I wear the pants at the track and to work whenever I don't have any other clean clothes (like today
tounge.gif
).

FieldSheer is well made and pretty tough, and their "relaxed fit" models fit stocky folks like me pretty well. They're also pretty affordable -- check out http://www.fieldsheer.com for more details.

Note that I think my AeroStitch RoadCrafter suit is still the best all-around riding garment (on and off over street clothes in 10 seconds), but I need to have an ellipse put in the back so I can lean forward more comfortably. Oh, and when I take out the jacket liner the SuperSport fits over my electric gear very well.

<!--EDIT|mcoyote
Reason for Edit: None given...|1074197411 -->

when i ordered mine from them this summer (call them and ask) they gave me 75 dollar cupon to mail to vanson for refund .i did and they gave me 75 bucks back!

Phierce, I just noticed you're in Boston?  Vanson's in Fall River, MA.  You should check out them out, it's just a neat place to look around.  They sell directly from the factory (no discount over the stores though) but they do have clearance items, etc. and it's HUGE inside there!  Lots of knowledgable people who can tell you everything.  Or you could just ask me, lol.  Last time I was there I told them I'd work for them for free!

If you take a trip there, tell Kenny (one of the rep's) Kris from Cooper's (dealership I work for) sent you...don't know if it'll help at all but it's worth a try!  Either way, they will take good care of you.

ciao,
Kris

Definitely Vanson......the best looking....best quality. My colorful Vanson gets lots of looks and is very noticeable. Its worth the extra money. I had a small problem with the dealer....called Vanson in Mass. directly. They took care of the problem IMMEDIATELY. A very satisfied customer... see attached picture...if I can get it to work

Phierce, I just noticed you're in Boston?  Vanson's in Fall River, MA.  You should check out them out, it's just a neat place to look around.  They sell directly from the factory (no discount over the stores though) but they do have clearance items, etc. and it's HUGE inside there!  Lots of knowledgable people who can tell you everything.  Or you could just ask me, lol.  Last time I was there I told them I'd work for them for free!

If you take a trip there, tell Kenny (one of the rep's) Kris from Cooper's (dealership I work for) sent you...don't know if it'll help at all but it's worth a try!  Either way, they will take good care of you.

ciao,
Kris
busababe, I went there last week and they told me there is an open house in March. I'm gonna wait till then and check out what kind of deal I can get. I'll throw your name at them and see what happens.
    I went and checked out a Icon jacket today. Not bad, but not the quality of Vanson. Kinda reminded me of a Dainese.....made in Germany and $200 cheeper.
    There is no rush, due to this sub-zero freeze.
    Only 64 days till Spring and counting.

<!--EDIT|phierce
Reason for Edit: None given...|1074312562 -->

Back