Leaning towards this shock

I'm scared of scales.

Lol! I typed this days ago and forgot to hit send.

Anyway c10, A lot of us will push Ohlins but basically Penske knows their chit. If you've done your homework (and knowing you, you did your homework) go for it. Let us know how you like them. What are you going to do on the forks?

I'm scared of scales.

Lol! I typed this days ago and forgot to hit send.

Anyway c10, A lot of us will push Ohlins but basically Penske knows their chit. If you've done your homework (and knowing you, you did your homework) go for it. Let us know how you like them. What are you going to do on the forks?
No real plans other than service them soon for new oil / seals the current springs are acceptable for my weight , and the valving seems to work well . My rear shock is to stiff , and the valving does work , but wrong spring makes settings difficult to chose . I found running Bags full time with my tank bag in one of them adds just enough weight that rear spring is closer , and feels better . At nearly 30,000 miles on stock unit its time to upgrade , and Collin said this was a big jump compared to my OEM shock . I have it in my cart , and tried to check out / order tonight but got a 404 error code on the secure site so will wait till monday and place order .

DSC_0525.JPG

Ok so order placed $893.38 after shipping . 14 days to build so just maybe it will be here before Christmas .
Secretly bought it lol as did not want to hear the better half scold me for the purchase even though she knew it was coming soon . Will let you guys know how it works out . Nice thing is the unit is upgradeable to remote if I ever desire to in the future .

Are you on a 2013+ Busa , and so punching in that or later year to search ? I ask this , because , when abs was introduced on the Busa , Ohlins may only recommend up to 2012 officially , the same as for the FGRT208 fork , because of no allocation for the abs sensor ? With the rear TTX , try a search using 2008 K8 up to 2012 L2 , see how that goes . I know , you could be forgiven for thinking only the top echelon Busa owners are allowed entry to Ohlins nirvana , Hahahaha , then Toad would have none at all !!:rolleyes::):thumbsup:
Yup 2015, and all this rime I thought they just didn't like blue ans silver!
Thanks amigo I did not connect ABS and shocks in my head. :thumbsup:

Well it is good to know that it can be had with out the the drag applications.
I like the manual and it sounds like Colin is the man to talk to We had Penske's on the dirt modified I help crew. Great shock. Just had Ohlins on the ZRX because I got such a bargain each time. and never regretted it. Few things improve the handling of a bike as much as superior quality shocks built for weight and your applications Well maybe that and light weight wheels. Better handling means less stress on the brakes. Ask anyone with a Triumph with a front drum from the 60's. :)
I thinking since you mostly ride the same way most of the time other than with lots of luggage and with out Adjusting should not really be a common thing or major deal. Looking forward to a ride report soon. Nice weight savings to be sure

Back