Leaky clutch rod seal, how to?

ludo

Registered
Hi,

on my 00' busa engine I have a bad leak at the seal where the clutch rod (from the clutch slave) get in the engine casing. Looks like it needs splitting the engine to be replace, major pain for a $6 seal :banghead:
Anyone done this before?

ludo

after some quick research here, does need splitting the engine :(
now just need to find how to...???

I think that whole piece comes of seperately if I remember. bolts on to the case. Hard to get at one of the bolts though

I think that whole piece comes of seperately if I remember. bolts on to the case. Hard to get at one of the bolts though

Duh... I was thinking of the shifter shaft! nevermind. That is a tral pita.

exact same problem. got the engine out of the car though, so I'll split the engine and change it anyway. should have looked at this before... :rollext:

I'm facing this repair also, my clutch fluid has been dropping all summer, and I topped it up in the spring too. Just reading that other thread, it sounds like it can be done, but I'd like a concrete Yes or No if it's as simple as popping out the old and in with the new. Some are telling me it could be a leaky slave cylinder too, making my fluid level drop. I just ordered the seal, but haven't taken anything apart yet. Some guidance here would be nice! :)

I'm facing this repair also, my clutch fluid has been dropping all summer, and I topped it up in the spring too. Just reading that other thread, it sounds like it can be done, but I'd like a concrete Yes or No if it's as simple as popping out the old and in with the new. Some are telling me it could be a leaky slave cylinder too, making my fluid level drop. I just ordered the seal, but haven't taken anything apart yet. Some guidance here would be nice! :)

What you are needing is to rebuild the clutch slave cylinder. Very easy fix. Ludo is talking about the seal where the clutch rod enters the case.

All you need to do is remove the slave cylinder, remove the piston from the bore, clean everything up (make sure the bore is very smooth, no grooves), replace the seal and reinstall. :thumbsup:

Back